• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your rabbit chew? Sudden intake of hay?

Julia25

Alpha Buck
Does you rabbit chew a lot? I mean BIXIE (my mini lop) hardly chews anything at all, i have a range of toys and the only thing she has chewed is ONE of the trio of fun balls but nothing else. How can i encourage chewing.

ALSO I've noticed that she had been eating ALOT of hay recently, i know hay is good and all but do you think i should worry if she suddenly has been eating so much of it?

Does you rabbit chew a lot? I mean BIXIE (my mini lop) hardly chews anything at all, i have a range of toys and the only thing she has chewed is ONE of the trio of fun balls but nothing else. How can i encourage chewing.

ALSO I've noticed that she had been eating ALOT of hay recently, i know hay is good and all but do you think i should worry if she suddenly has been eating so much of it?

I wouldn't worry about her not chewing her toys .. All rabbits are different - some prefer carpet :lol:

And I *certainly* wouldn't worry about her eating a lot of hay! Long may it continue!
She may be moulting and feel the need of extra fibre to push the hair through her system ...

I wouldn't worry about her not chewing her toys .. All rabbits are different - some prefer carpet :lol:

And I *certainly* wouldn't worry about her eating a lot of hay! Long may it continue!
She may be moulting and feel the need of extra fibre to push the hair through her system ...

Thank You!

Back