• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know how to change microchip details from a rescued rabbit?

FredW

Alpha Buck
Hi,
my little boy is settling in well, and I even found his original parent, well she found me. She was happy to find out who he was with now and I promised her some updates of course. :)
she told me he is microchiped, and that she gave all details to the lady who picked him up, however he didn't stay with the rescue place who picked him up, but he was moved on to the one I got him from. in the process all his paperwork got mislaid and so I have no detail on his microchip. She reckoned the vet should be able to check and update his details, just wonder if that is the case or is that something I need to do myself somehow?
I never had a pet microchiped, so its all new to me, just don't want, fingers crossed it never happens, that he would escape and they end up shipping him off to be with someone else instead of me.

I would also suggest getting the ball rolling with a visit to the vet to check the ID number from the chip as you can't do much without it. They will be able to tell you which company it is registered with (I think there are 2 or 3 in the UK) and possibly who it is registered to. If the ownership hasn't been transferred to one of the rescues, you may be able to sort it out with the original owner as you have been in touch with them anyway. I'm sure the vet will have some advice on it. They will scan for a microchip for free normally.

yeah called the vet earlier to ask them if they can scan him on Tuesday when they have their appointment, they said they would, and give me the details I need to get the ball rolling on getting it changed. decided to get her done at the same time, I wasn't planning on microchipping them, but since they are a handful, I am rather being save than sorry with those two. they love causing havoc so who knows what they may get up to at some point. lol

Yep. It cost me £15. had to get some details all of ehich vets gavd me from micromicrochip, fill and send a request form with the inform ation including contact of previous owner.

Back