• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Giant Rabbits Care

Sparky9

New Kit
Hi everyone,
I have a giant continental rabbit, and he lives in a 3ftx6ft shed with a 4fx6ftrun (we are going to enlarge it and add an extra 4ft.) He's by himself at the moment and I'm thinking about getting him a papillon giant female, I just wonder what is it like having two giant, I have had two dutch rabbits before, but obviously giants are a lot bigger, is it hard work to have two giants, is the size of the run big enough?! And how difficult is it cleaning them out everyday.
Thanks

Two giants would be awesome :love:

To be honest I think your run needs to be bigger, at the moment he has 42sq ft which is actually less than the minimum recommendation for normal dwarf buns!

Would you be able to add slightly more than another 4ft? Or adding levels is a good way of increasing space and providing enrichment. I would also say the height of the run is very important, I think it needs to be at least 3ft high preferably more. I'd go for an aviary attached to the shed if possible then I can sit in it with them :love: plus it doesn't involve crawling around trying to clean it!

Bonding giants is pretty much the same as bonding any other bun... Personally I find it more stressful (on me not the buns) because I know how big their teeth are and I find separating them harder as there is more bunny to move :lol: but it is just as likely to be a successful bond as with any other bun.

I too would look at getting a walk-in in run as they're much easier . Panels can be made or brought fairly cheaply. I agree with Hele that your rabbit needs more space.

Back