• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rapid Weight gain

lenslady

Alpha Buck
On Tuesday Bo, my 8 week old French Lop came home to me but he was very small and wasn't gaining the appropriate weight. The breeder trusted me into his care and told me if i had any problems I had to take him back.
Anyway I weighed him on tuesday and he only weighed 2 pounds 4 oz. My scales have come so I just weighed him and he is 5 pounds! He has gained all that weight in 2 days! Either the first weigh was wrong or he has gained rapidly. I weighed him 6 times and I just got the same result! I am over the moon and so happy for him :love:

Going to do it again now one more time just to be sure!

Last edited:
I think the scales might be faulty :( Weighed Burberry and it is showing 7.1bs and I can see that Burberry is much bigger than Bo. I think the scales are reading to high. Tut :roll: I got all excited when i saw bo's weight. Going to have a look at them tomorrow and possibly return them. Apologies for the posts. :cry:

it could also be that the first ones are faulty, some also give quite different readings if on carpet v flat hard service.

it could also be that the first ones are faulty, some also give quite different readings if on carpet v flat hard service.

This (assuming you are weighing yourself and then weighing yourself holding Bo)

Also, I would feel quite anxious if my rabbit doubled his weight in two days.

I did it wrong lol :roll: He has put on 5 oz not 5 1b :oops: But at least he has gained ;) Is 5 oz ok ? to much or to little? x

PS I did the weighing last night very late, so was probably the wrong time really as i was tired. x

On Tuesday he was 2 pounds, 4 oz and now he is 2 pounds, 9 oz

Burberry has has put on 6 ounce :shock: so he is now 4 and a half pound at 11 weeks. I am going to do gypsy now, dreading it much!:roll:

Last edited:
Gypsy is now 6.1bs, 9 oz :shock: I know she is going through a growth spurt though and i think it is about right for a 17 week old french lop. x

Bo , 8 weeks - 2. 1bs, 9.4oz
Burberry, 11 weeks - 4.1b's, 6.oz (would have liked him to have gained more than this :roll:)
Gypsy, 17 weeks - 6.1b's, 9.oz

Last edited:
I'm still a novice at this bunny owning thing but going by what I've read I'd say your bunny's weights sound about right. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help you out. I just wanted to reasure you really.

I'm still a novice at this bunny owning thing but going by what I've read I'd say your bunny's weights sound about right. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help you out. I just wanted to reasure you really.

Thank You :love: I feel relieved that little Bo has gained some weight, he might not be that small after all :love: Would like Burberry to gain a bit more but then he is really active, the most active out of the 3 of them, he is always running and jumping about. The Lops are much lazier :lol: xx

We have had another gain :love:

8 weeks old

10/06/2015 - 2.1bs, 5 oz.

12/06/2015 - 2.1bs, 9.4oz

9 – weeks old

16/06/2015 - 2.1bs, 12.3 oz

He still isn't as big as i would like but hopefully he will make it up soon :love:

Back