• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Show me your Dutch Buns!

orangediva

Mama Doe
Following on from Mokwa's thread, I thought we could have a Dutch rabbit thread too. Here are mine:

Dennis and Betty:

Bella (Dutch cross):

I'd love to see anyone else's Dutch buns :wave:

Frosty (on the right) is a dutch x lionhead but is butterfly marked.

His brother Snowflake;

Frosty and Daisy again

They had siblings who looked like fluffy dutchies apparantly.

Frosty (on the right) is a dutch x lionhead but is butterfly marked.

His brother Snowflake;

Frosty and Daisy again

They had siblings who looked like fluffy dutchies apparantly.

Gorgeous fluff buns - would never of thought they were Dutch crosses

What beautiful Dutch bunnies!

Here are some photos of my Dutch Winston;

zfh99z6l.jpg

BxgKzsFl.jpg

AsKTVQPl.jpg

He's a lovely boy :love:

Thank you. I adore your tri coloured Dutch :love: If I had gone to a breeder for Winston's companion I would have loved a tri coloured Dutch, but I could never bring myself to go to a breeder and I wouldn't of known where to start!

Sorry, I've put my previous pics on the wrong post.

Rosie%20amp%20Heather%202.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Heather%20patchwork%20bunny.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is Heather who is a Dutch cross. Black, white and tan. Her body shape is Belgian Hare, probably where the tan colour comes from. She's as beautiful as any Dutch. We've had several Dutch bunnies in the past, the have always been such lovely tempered buns.

Ooh I can post a Rosie Pic

Or two

d3d9759a38e1b91fc5edb5ee719d8294.jpg

I love this one :lol:
93c8012125550aa0b2a207bbaaed64c1.jpg

6e96698c1afc064c4001a7b9a661ee50.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm loving the pictures - the Dutch and crosses are all so lovely. ImoT - Betty and Dennis were returned to their breeder after under a year as their owners were moving abroad so, to me, they are like rescues as I gave them a home when they were unwanted. Until I became familiar with this forum I had no idea of the sheer amount of buns awaiting rehoming in rescue.

Ooh I can post a Rosie Pic

Or two

Is Rosie a tri-coloured Dutch? She's beautiful :love:

I'm loving the pictures - the Dutch and crosses are all so lovely. ImoT - Betty and Dennis were returned to their breeder after under a year as their owners were moving abroad so, to me, they are like rescues as I gave them a home when they were unwanted. Until I became familiar with this forum I had no idea of the sheer amount of buns awaiting rehoming in rescue.

Is Rosie a tri-coloured Dutch? She's beautiful :love:

Aww well hopefully now they have found their forever home :) Winston came from a colleague at work who no longer had time for him, she had only had him for 6 months. But to be totally honest before I got him I was looking at breeders and 'reputable' pet shops because my local RSPCA wouldn't rehome a single bun to me, only a pair. Now I've got Winston and have been on this forum I fully understand their logic and I realise that taking on a pair would have been fine and not too overwhelming. Now I wouldn't go anywhere other than a rescue!

My Schumi was an agouti Dutch. I liked his colour because he looked a bit like a wildie, and wildies are awesome.

I think because of him (he was seriously chilled, docile, didn't even fuss when he needed bum baths), Dutch bunnies will always be my favourite. I just love their pattern.

Don't know why black ones are left behind, I think that's my favourite colouring!

:love::love:

Back