• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Run (Hoping For Some Friendly Advice)

JayLop

New Kit
I'm looking to get my house bunny an outdoor run so he can enjoy some fresh air and feel the sun, but there are so many different options out there and if I'm honest I really don't know where to begin! I was hoping perhaps some of you lovely people may please be able to advise me.

My bunny is a 6 year old dwarf lop. He's been outside before but only very occasionally in an open top pen. We have a smallish garden with patio.

Ideally I'm looking for a wooden, secure weatherproof run that can be left outside. A door on top would be better than a side opening one as I'm in a wheelchair, but as I can't stand up it would need to be reachable from sitting beside the run. A built in sun shade would be great also.

I've read so many reviews of runs that are poorly made and falling apart, so a good quality one is essential as I want my bunny to be safe and I'm not handy enough with DIY to reinforce it - thank you so much for your help.

Ideally I'm looking for a wooden, secure weatherproof run that can be left outside. A door on top would be better than a side opening one as I'm in a wheelchair, but as I can't stand up it would need to be reachable from sitting beside the run. A built in sun shade would be great also.

I've read so many reviews of runs that are poorly made and falling apart, so a good quality one is essential as I want my bunny to be safe and I'm not handy enough with DIY to reinforce it - thank you so much for your help.

As your in a wheelchair have you thought about a run that would allow you to just go straight into it?
I'm not sure how tall you are when in the wheelchair but you could have one say 5ft high and then you just push yourself into it, and that would be easier than a run with a roof.

It does depend on space too, but just a thought to make things easier for you.

Back