• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where can I find a neautered male french lop bun?

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
There is a huge storm shaped hole in my heart :cry: I need to fill the emptiness aurora needs a companion. He will have to be a very special boy to help take away some of the emptiness and sadness. Where can I find such a bun?
I seem to have fallen for frenchies :love: I know that a new boy will not be storm but my heart is telling me that we need a big bunny in our lives.

There are to be some changes. I am being forced to consider outdoor accommodation for aurora and a new friend :cry: not something I want to do but it is unlikely that our baby, Rowan, can ever share with his big brother :cry: Rowan is 21 months and still in our room because I refused to house my elderly bunnies outside. I fought so very hard to keep my bunnies inside. Both of my elderly bunnies have passed away now. I only have young aurora. Would I be better waiting until I have an outside bunny house? Or bonding aurora with a new friend inside and then moving them out together?

Are you definitely wanting a boy? I know someone fostering a female french lop for Wood Green. She's a gorgeous girl.

I would get your outside accommodation sorted while you are looking for a bun .. then bond indoors and move them out into the new space together ..

hugs x

and good luck

I have never tried bonding 2 girls. I know it can be done but I always thought that a boy and girl bond is easier. Not that any bond is easy haha

good idea bunny mad house :D

Have you tried Rabbit Residence? I don't think they have any single french lop boys in at the moment, but you never know. They also do the bonding on site for you rather than you having to stress about it - means Aurora can be picky and choose her own husbun!

Where is rabbit residence? I like the idea of someone else doing the bonding, even though aurora and Storm became very close eventually it was a bit nerve wracking to begin with and when they eventually did live together properly they ignored each other for weeks and weeks. It took storm a long time to accept her after losing the love of his life, gypsy. Plus the age difference between storm and aurora was massive. Aurora is only around 2 and Stormwas 10. Maybe I sshould find a bun around the same age as aurora

RR is over near Royston, they rehome up to 3 hours away, Peterborough is about 1 hour away.

They won't be able to guarantee a chosen buck with your girl as it's ultimately up to her! But you can pick one or two you'd definitely like and the rescue can see if she thinks the same! Aurora will go to stay at the rescue for a week (or however long it takes) and they do the dating. Most of the single bucks they get in are around the 1-4 year old mark.

As suggested I would get the outdoor accommodation sorted whilst looking for a husbun. Would thoroughly recommend Rabbit Residence and I also know that Bibbles Bunny sanctuary in Cambridgeshire have several single bucks looking for homes (I foster for them).

Back