• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and workmen

Holhol

Alpha Buck
Do not make a good combination. At all. Fergie is not a happy bunny - he does not appreciate the council digging up the pavement outside HIS house.

We've had drilling, saws, digging, big trucks and very loud workmen outside the house today and somebun has not been pleased. The only time he looked marginally relaxed was when they took their 2 hour lunch. Until about 5 o'clock I don't think he'd moved more than a foot or eaten, he gets so stressed over noises :( he's had a hard week between them and the fence men banging about yesterday

He's ok now thankfully, had his veggies and some hay but I can tell he's been stressed by his poos - poor little bunbun! Soooooooo glad (for me and him) that they're done! Was panicking we'd have a noise related stress stasis tonight.

Ferg thinks the council are inconsiderate horrible Hoomins who need to think about poor scared bunnies before they start their silly digging!

Do not make a good combination. At all. Fergie is not a happy bunny - he does not appreciate the council digging up the pavement outside HIS house.

We've had drilling, saws, digging, big trucks and very loud workmen outside the house today and somebun has not been pleased. The only time he looked marginally relaxed was when they took their 2 hour lunch. Until about 5 o'clock I don't think he'd moved more than a foot or eaten, he gets so stressed over noises :( he's had a hard week between them and the fence men banging about yesterday

He's ok now thankfully, had his veggies and some hay but I can tell he's been stressed by his poos - poor little bunbun! Soooooooo glad (for me and him) that they're done! Was panicking we'd have a noise related stress stasis tonight.

Ferg thinks the council are inconsiderate horrible Hoomins who need to think about poor scared bunnies before they start their silly digging!

Poor little Ferg .... I hate Council workmen too :evil:

2 hour lunch break eh?? Hmmmm...

Though maybe the fact that he's so easily stressed and put off his food has something to do with his stasis episodes?

Poor Ferg, hope he's ok tonight. I'm imagining what their faces would have looked like if you'd gone out and said 'can you keep the noise down, it's upsettting my rabbit'!

Poor little Ferg .... I hate Council workmen too :evil:

2 hour lunch break eh?? Hmmmm...

Though maybe the fact that he's so easily stressed and put off his food has something to do with his stasis episodes?

It could be - usually he's had the most chilled out few days when he gets it though! Actually very impressed that he's OK tonight - we haven't been to the vets in over a month now!!! :)

I've been and bought some coriander tonight just in case they come back tomorrow, he always perks up for that :) going to have to find a way to toughen him up, think he's a bit mollycoddled :lol:

Poor Ferg, hope he's ok tonight. I'm imagining what their faces would have looked like if you'd gone out and said 'can you keep the noise down, it's upsettting my rabbit'!

Haha I wish I had! The window cleaners can't get their heads round him when they're doing the windows so would love to know what the work men would have thought :)

It could be - usually he's had the most chilled out few days when he gets it though! Actually very impressed that he's OK tonight - we haven't been to the vets in over a month now!!! :)

I've been and bought some coriander tonight just in case they come back tomorrow, he always perks up for that :) going to have to find a way to toughen him up, think he's a bit mollycoddled :lol:

Well if you learn the secret of toughening up a sensitive bunny, please let me know! I've had one for 12 years and she doesn't get any tougher. The slightest disruption will put her off her food. A bit like her Mum really :lol:

Well if you learn the secret of toughening up a sensitive bunny, please let me know! I've had one for 12 years and she doesn't get any tougher. The slightest disruption will put her off her food. A bit like her Mum really :lol:

Awwwww! Wow 12 - that is brilliant, I bet she is the best looked after bunny ever :)

My mum is buying him a run this summer because she thinks he would like it so we'll see if that makes him any braver... I'm betting he'll spend the entire time hiding because he can hear a bird, or smell something he doesn't like! :lol: I'm in the bad books this morning because we are out of meadow hay - he's been very tough in telling me I am rubbish so no strokes this morning :lol:

Back