• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby is in hospital (stasis and impaction) UD Improving and passed some poos :-)

Tracy

Warren Veteran
We have had to rush Scooby to our vets tonight. He wasn't his normal self, he went very lethargic and was flopped out on his side. It looked like he was just relaxing, but he kept fidgeting and changing position. He then did a wee on the floor and couldn't be bothered to move so just lay down in it. We knew something definitely wasn't right with him, so off to the vets we went.

He has an impacted stomach :( and has had to stay in hospital. Minnie is with him. I wasn't expecting it to be his stomach, he just wasn't behaving like a rabbit with a painful stomach. I'm so glad that we took him in straight away and didn't wait until the morning.

My vet has just phoned to say they've done a blood glucose test which was the high end of normal range, so they are not suspecting an obstruction and are holding off doing an X-ray for the moment. His hydration levels are OK. He is being treated with motility drugs, plus pain relief and fluids. Our vets do their own out of hours, it is such a relief to see a vet you know and trust in an emergency.

It is going to be a worrying night for me. :(

Last edited:
Oh no, poor Scooby and poor you :( I hope he is ok and at least he has Minnie to keep him company. Sending vibes xx

Oh no Tracy, poor Scoobs :cry: I hope that he has responded well to treatment overnight, getting him onto fluids will have helped so much. Just as much as any drugs given. Sending lots of vibes for him, please update us today if you can xx

I've only just seen this, I hope he has improved overnight. Sending lots of vibes for him xx

Thanks everyone.

We had an update late last night and he had been hopping around and had taken a drink of water for himself. The vet said that he was looking brighter and he was less worried about him. I've not heard anything more overnight, I said for them to phone me no matter what time if he deteriorated, so no news is good news. I'm expecting another update around 9am, so fingers crossed he is continuing to improve.

Thanks for all the vibes. :wave:

Scooby has passed some poos, not many but at least things are starting to move. The impacted area (which was at the top of his stomach) is now softer, so it looks like it is breaking down. They are continuing with his current treatment regime of motility drugs, pain relief, fluids and feeding.

Back