• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bit worried after my big EC clean...

Holhol

Alpha Buck
It's done, I used diluted bleach but had to clean windows too and I just feel like my room stinks of cleaning products now and I don't know how Ferg is with it.

He was stressed anyway, 2 hour clean was not ideal for him. I put him in a different room for 45 mins to get him out of the carrier and let my room air out for a while but I don't know if that was long enough. I just feel like my room stinks but I can't really put him anywhere else - nowhere is bun proofed :(

His poos are small but he's eating at least. I've got the window open still but the smell just won't clear.

Will he be ok with it? :(

Do you have a garden that you could both go into for a while this evening so the room has longer to air ? Ferg may be more active in the garden which would help his gut motility.

Do you have a garden that you could both go into for a while this evening so the room has longer to air ? Ferg may be more active in the garden which would help his gut motility.

Our fences are being done tomorrow so they're all down and he doesn't have a run at the moment which is a bit of a nightmare. I've stuck him in another bedroom and he's quite happily pooing all over the floor now which is great :)

Just feel like the bleach smell isn't clearing, don't know if I'm just being a bit over sensitive about it! I've got a fan on and window open to try and get rid but it's so strong my room smells like a swimming pool

Think I'm going to have to bun proof another room for next week so I can shove him in there for an afternoon x

Our fences are being done tomorrow so they're all down and he doesn't have a run at the moment which is a bit of a nightmare. I've stuck him in another bedroom and he's quite happily pooing all over the floor now which is great :)

Just feel like the bleach smell isn't clearing, don't know if I'm just being a bit over sensitive about it! I've got a fan on and window open to try and get rid but it's so strong my room smells like a swimming pool

Think I'm going to have to bun proof another room for next week so I can shove him in there for an afternoon x

You could always just use the steam cleaner on everything. Steam will kill EC spores. Alcohol kills them too so you could do the next clean using Vodka !!

You could always just use the steam cleaner on everything. Steam will kill EC spores. Alcohol kills them too so you could do the next clean using Vodka !!

I think both of those are excellent ideas for next week haha! I've made Fergie promise me that he will never ever need me to do this again after next week!

It's done, I used diluted bleach but had to clean windows too and I just feel like my room stinks of cleaning products now and I don't know how Ferg is with it.

He was stressed anyway, 2 hour clean was not ideal for him. I put him in a different room for 45 mins to get him out of the carrier and let my room air out for a while but I don't know if that was long enough. I just feel like my room stinks but I can't really put him anywhere else - nowhere is bun proofed :(

His poos are small but he's eating at least. I've got the window open still but the smell just won't clear.

Will he be ok with it? :(

Why did you have to clean the windows? Does he lick them?

I agree not good to have a smell of bleach around the place. Possibly more harmful than E.C. :shock: (only joking!) I can't work out how you got so much bleach smell into his room - did you rinse the litter trays well?

Glad he's doing poos. That's something I suppose? :D

Why did you have to clean the windows? Does he lick them?

I agree not good to have a smell of bleach around the place. Possibly more harmful than E.C. :shock: (only joking!) I can't work out how you got so much bleach smell into his room - did you rinse the litter trays well?

Glad he's doing poos. That's something I suppose? :D

The windows were just gross so had to be cleaned - I think it's more the smell of the window cleaner than the bleach now I've had a good sniff everywhere!

Everything was rinsed so think I'm just worrying too much... It's definitely miles better, especially now I've changed my clothes :)

He is fine now I think, if I can still smell anything in the morning I might rinse stuff down again but touch wood it isn't bothering Ferg :)

The windows were just gross so had to be cleaned - I think it's more the smell of the window cleaner than the bleach now I've had a good sniff everywhere!

Everything was rinsed so think I'm just worrying too much... It's definitely miles better, especially now I've changed my clothes :)

He is fine now I think, if I can still smell anything in the morning I might rinse stuff down again but touch wood it isn't bothering Ferg :)

Can you come and clean my house please? :wave:

You certainly sound like you would do a thorough job!

Can you come and clean my house please? :wave:

You certainly sound like you would do a thorough job!

Haha I go a bit mad when I'm in the mood to clean but that doesn't happen very often :lol:

Don't know why I bothered anyway, Ferg has done a brilliant job of trashing it already :lol:

Back