• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Walking???.....

no. having (half) believed the hype when we got rabbits eight years ago, along with all the other stuff, daughter and i purchased leads. we found them entirely unsuitable for rabbits. rabbits don't want to walk a straight path, like a dog. they want to hop about all over the show. leads don't give them the freedom they need to hop and run. but if they did, the leads would be so long they'd be dangerous, the bunnies would be tangled up, injuries would occur.

if i'm talking about something totally irrelevant, its because your link won't open for me.

now many happy bunny-walking RUers will come along to say i'm wrong. but i have shared my experience with you. :)

Rabbits being prey animals would be very scared as you can imagine, and you would only need 1 dog off the lead and you would find yourself in the middle of an attack which would be scary for both of you if not fatal for bunny.

Yeah a topic popped up not lobg ago its very much a mixed topic - i cant check the link either its mentioning being closed group or temp unavailable

I had bought lead for Rosie she went in it - though looked far from impressed) but ive never tried putting it back on.

Some people last time were reporting the leads were potentially dangerous, where a rabbit may fight and flight tsist around and injuries result.

Others have really good rabbits on the lead and take them all over.

I thinj it does depend on the person and ths individual rabbit :)

I can't get the link to open but if it's concerning the practice of walking a rabbit using a harness and lead I'm 100% against it in all circumstances.

Sorry the link won't open but its just a picture of a rabbit with a lead on and it's on a patch of grass (whether a park or somewhere I don't know though it looks like in a street area judging by the houses in the pic).

I don't believe in that kind of thing anyway as it is totally unsuitable for rabbits and as most say, they naturally like to hop around and run here, there and everywhere. I just wanted to know what other bunny owners thought.

Thanks everyone -)

no. having (half) believed the hype when we got rabbits eight years ago, along with all the other stuff, daughter and i purchased leads. we found them entirely unsuitable for rabbits. rabbits don't want to walk a straight path, like a dog. they want to hop about all over the show. leads don't give them the freedom they need to hop and run. but if they did, the leads would be so long they'd be dangerous, the bunnies would be tangled up, injuries would occur.

if i'm talking about something totally irrelevant, its because your link won't open for me.

now many happy bunny-walking RUers will come along to say i'm wrong. but i have shared my experience with you. :)

All of this.:thumb:

Back