• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

10 rabbits into Rabbit Residence yesterday

catxx

Mama Doe
Horrendous situation. Tenants moved out, left 10 rabbits (including two "mums" and babies in a 3ft hutch) and some with teeth resembling elephant tusks :( fortunately concerned neighbours and relatives of the landlord contacted the rescue and Caroline went straight over. Good thing she did too.

Sounds like the tenants themselves weren't shining stars, apparently one has now been locked up on domestic abuse charges, so animal cruelty charges at this point just don't seem feasible :(

So how bad were those teeth? There are 3 with definite bad teeth needing removal, including one 5 week old baby. It will cost £400 PER RABBIT to get Iain Cope at the Cambridge Vet Group to take them out. He's so fantastic but not cheap! Quality care costs.

11391716_10153369715703114_3720695288880736417_n.jpg

There's also matted fur, mucky bums, their claws were caked with poop and muck and long too. They settled in well over night, the boys a bit shell shocked but mum and babies were LOVING the space and cleanliness!

These are the four babies, the fluffiest one is the one with the dental problems
11250072_10152915652207686_8247910477078132284_n.jpg

Will update how these guys are getting on over the coming weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the teeth on Instagram, awful :(
Glad they're in safe hands X

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh :shock: I'm at a complete loss for words. I've never seen teeth like that, my heart goes out to the poor little ones xx

Teeth resembling elephant tusks? Judging from that picture more like an alien animal from Star Wars! Didn't even know that rabbit teeth could grow that way :?

Anyway I've sent a small donation towards the dental costs, hope it helps.

Goodness that's awful :cry:

Can you do a 'GoFundMe' on here so people can contribute to the incisor removal? Including those not on Facebook?

OMG :shock: How that Rabbit hasn't starved to death is beyond me, how the hell has she eaten with those teeth :( I've never seen anything like it! How the hell do you just leave your pets behind like that :( I think they should be reported and banned from having animals for life :(

OMG :shock: How that Rabbit hasn't starved to death is beyond me, how the hell has she eaten with those teeth :( I've never seen anything like it! How the hell do you just leave your pets behind like that :( I think they should be reported and banned from having animals for life :(

Sadly I've seen many rabbits like this :cry:

I had one particularly awful photo of a rabbit enlarged so I could use it to show the NVQ students I was teaching what can happen when 'teeth turn to tusks'.

Unbelievably heartbreaking :cry:

Sadly I've seen many rabbits like this :cry:

I had one particularly awful photo of a rabbit enlarged so I could use it to show the NVQ students I was teaching what can happen when 'teeth turn to tusks'.

Unbelievably heartbreaking :cry:

I can imagine. How awful :( I also didn't realise the teeth could grow like this. How do they even manage to eat the poor things :cry: I am so glad they are all safe now. I really don't understand how people can do this, completely heartless :(

I am so shocked and disgusted at the plight of those poor rabbits. It is so good of you to take them in. I have made a donation via paypal - every little bit helps.

Oh poor little things, that is so awful. People really p*** me off sometimes. I have made a small donation - not much as gas/elec bill arrived yesterday :roll:- I will donate more when I get paid. I wish I could say I'm totally shocked, sadly I've seen teeth like this before, thankfully many years ago. Good luck little guys, at least you are safe now.

I can imagine. How awful :( I also didn't realise the teeth could grow like this. How do they even manage to eat the poor things :cry: I am so glad they are all safe now. I really don't understand how people can do this, completely heartless :(

Well they don't eat, and eventually they starve. My Max was in the same position when he was brought into the Mayhew Animal Home. I fostered him and saw his teeth before they were taken out. He was rescued as one of 26 rabbit from a hoarder and was painfully thin and rigidly stressed.

These rabbits have been saved from that thanks to Caroline and her wonderful helpers. I hope they can raise the money needed to give them the best health care from now onwards :thumb:

What is WRONG with some people!! :evil: They are just complete and utter morons! No one makes you have animals so why do they bother when they have absolutely no interest or compassion or an ounce of intelligence!! Ooh stuff like this just makes me mad!!
Really hope they all end up with loving sensible owners and have no long-lasting health issues.
Poor little things.

Omg awful. So so glad they are safe now and receiving the proper care. I hope they all make full recoveries. ❤

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We can confirm that all the rabbits with atrocious teeth have had them clipped to reasonable length so they can eat and the youngest, who we've named Tipex, at only 5-6 weeks old and weighing just 620g, had his teeth burred down yesterday. He'll definitely need them removed, our vet was pretty horrified that they were so bad at such a young age!

We will hopefully be getting 4 of the older boys neutered in the coming days too.

Tipex's teeth:
11402687_10152922868117686_392411912703547714_n.jpg

So pleased these bunnies are getting the help they need now, massive well done to Caroline and co

Last edited:
Back