• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying an Outdoor Hutch (Need Help)

Cari

Warren Veteran
I know that a lot of you understand my current predicament so I shan't explain it.

Anyway, my Mum has agreed to have the bunnies out in her garden as they cannot go inside this time (she is quite allergic to them, and the bedroom they went into last time now has a person in it :lol:).

We have a budget of £200.
It cannot be difficult to put together if it comes flat packed.
I would prefer one with an attached run so my mum doesn't have to pick them up to get them out when I'm not there.
It can't be wider than 5.5ft.

If anyone has any ideas about where to find a nice, preferably double, hutch I would appreciate it. The only Internet access I have is on my phone so it's difficult to search for one properly.

Before everyone shouts at me about cruelty, I am trying my damned hardest but I have to comply with my mother's wishes and not take over her entire garden with a rabbit hutch - 5.5ft fits along the back fence of her garden. And no, I can't have a shed or playhouse, mum's garden is tiny and she doesn't want a shed in it. She's doing me a huge favour agreeing to even have them in the garden and my brother feed them when I'm not even living there so I'm not pushing my luck. It's breaking my heart to even consider putting them outside, but there's no way to have them indoors.

Another 6" and you could have got a Welfare hutch. Nevermind, ther only one I know of is Pets at Home do a 5' hutch and run, but I expect others know some better ones. We are restricted on ther Island. It costs £150 and is not strong wood but with a cover would do. We know it isn't easy and you are doing your best.

I have a 5ft double hutch that my buns used to live in before they lived with me, it was going on eBay but I won't list it if you want it. PM me if interested it's a Chartwell 5ft double. I'm in the east midlands too. Its currently dismantled and ready to go with all fittings and instructions and its been used for under year so it's solid and in good condition. Can do pics if interested. I've read your thread and if I can help you save some pennies and keep your bunnies safe I'm glad to help, I'm after a LOT less than £200 for it!

Bumping up for you :) I think a lot of people like happy hutch, if not try a joiner who could make to measure?

Cant help hutch wise but wanted to say best of luck and well done for finding a solution for your rabbits. I hope orangediva's kind offer can be of use to you.

I have a 5ft double hutch that my buns used to live in before they lived with me, it was going on eBay but I won't list it if you want it. PM me if interested it's a Chartwell 5ft double. I'm in the east midlands too. Its currently dismantled and ready to go with all fittings and instructions and its been used for under year so it's solid and in good condition. Can do pics if interested. I've read your thread and if I can help you save some pennies and keep your bunnies safe I'm glad to help, I'm after a LOT less than £200 for it!

I have a 6ft Chartwell one which is great quality so you should consider getting this one from Orangediva.

Looks like you may be onto a winner with the Chartwell hutch. I got my run from these guys: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/woodenbui..._DefaultDomain_3&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 and they were very accommodating with sizes/requests etc, and build it for you. I'm sure they'd do one which would attach onto the hutch you get. And it should come in under budget too because my 8 x 4 x 3ft run from them was £140 including delivery/installation in Worcester :wave:

You can kinda see the quality of it in this pic:

Last edited:
Back