• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welcome Thumpy

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
I have been without internet for weeks to here is an update on our new arrival Thumpy (Thumper).
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/magsmokwa29/IMAG0113_2_zpsqxvtok7z.jpg

When he arrived he was so scared he stayed in his cardboard box for a solid week even though he had a lovely luxury pen all plushed up. In my bedroom he stayed nice and peaceful with the odd visit from my kids and dogs. Toby was delighted, iv never known a dog to be so loving and welcoming to a little bunny. Toby would press his nose through the pen to Thumpy's nose.

After a week I moved his pen into my living room. More noise and things going on, Thumpy came out of his shell and was curious about his new family and stopped hiding in his box. A very quick progress, he seemed to really want to be a part of the new goings on.

After another week he was so curious and had discovered he loves cardboard boxes to dig and play with, just like Binx did. I was due to have a big party and I thought that I needed to bond him to Belle soon, especially as Belle was seeming depressed, so I plucked up the courage, knowing Thumpy had been neutered 3 short weeks prior. But my intuition was telling me it was time.

There was some chasing and initially some little nipping from Belle, but she quickly submitted to him, he was instantly captivated with her. Bonding sessions were short with a partition for breaks for Belle. Thumpy was an avid humper. They spent nights separately and the 3rd night together. He was nipping her fur, but it didn't seem to bother her too much. She was very tolerant of his loving advances. She had been so lonely in recent weeks. Her fur was everywhere, and on the 3rd day he stopped and everything calmed down.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/magsmokwa29/IMAG0128_zps7wffl8rp.jpg

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/magsmokwa29/IMAG0124_zpsseohtlqt.jpg

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/magsmokwa29/IMAG0123_zpsy78suvpc.jpg

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/magsmokwa29/IMAG0122_zpsvytrawvz.jpg

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/magsmokwa29/IMAG0119_zpsm7a9dhg1.jpg

The bonding was a success and Thumpy was so happy and Belle seemed to like him but we knew she was still thinking of Binx. But by accepting Thumpy she would be happy again.

They have been in their hutch and run for a while now and Thumpy follows Belle everywhere. Seeing Thumpy in the run was amazing, he did a huge binky the first day.

So so glad we chose him and have given him a loving forever home and a beautiful bunny wife. And young Belle hopefully will develop a strong loving bond with him in time. ❤

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thumper is a gorgeous one! So happy to hear the bonding went well and that he had such rapid curious and inquisitive nature

I was wondering how things were going for you! So glad the bonding is a success. I thought you were going to change Thumper's name? They are a beautiful pair. I have found that giving an unwanted bunny a loving home eases the pain of loss.

I was wondering how things were going for you! So glad the bonding is a success. I thought you were going to change Thumper's name? They are a beautiful pair. I have found that giving an unwanted bunny a loving home eases the pain of loss.
Yes I wanted to call him Winter but none of the family would stop calling him Thumper. So I call him Thumpy 😀

Yes I wanted to call him Winter but none of the family would stop calling him Thumper. So I call him Thumpy 😀. It's been hard without internet too, iv been cut of from everything. But its all on now :)

What a beautiful pair of colour coordinated bunnies. I hope Belle is happier now she has Thumpy's company. :)

I was only just wondering how things were and I am so pleased to read Thumpy has settled in and him and Belle are happy together. What a lovely dog as well.

Thumpy is stunning :love: They are both stunning :love: He looks a very similar colour to my Bun, Burberry and he also has a similar face shape. Is he a giant breed or a cross giant? xxx

I was only just wondering how things were and I am so pleased to read Thumpy has settled in and him and Belle are happy together. What a lovely dog as well.
Oh thank you. I have missed the forum with not having internet. It's been a really good move. The grief with Binx comes in waves. We all visited his resting place today up the river, the forget me knots are in bloom. Knowing that Belle is not alone makes a big difference and knowing Thumpy has a forever home is so positive. I found out he came from a hoarders house. She had million of pets and he and two does were removed with malnutrition and overgrown nails and teeth. When I was taking him home they had just removed another 2 bucks from her. Makes me mad. One women is single handedly filling spaces at the centre on a conveyor belt rotation. She should be banned. Anyway. Thumpy is here now and we are all delighted he is quite funny. With an old man's face, he is beautiful :)

Thumpy is stunning :love: They are both stunning :love: He looks a very similar colour to my Bun, Burberry and he also has a similar face shape. Is he a giant breed or a cross giant? xxx
No he isn't but he does have a funny face. He looks like a large breed by shape but he is smaller than Belle and she is about the size of a German Lop. I have no clue as to his breed mix. His ears are rex like and his face is chistled. But his body is slim, so a bit of a mystery there... I suspect he is a p@h bun maybe...

What a beautiful couple! :love:
So happy for you that things have turned out well. (((((Hugs))))) xxxx

Back