• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you be allergic to some rabbits but not others??

moi

Mama Doe
Sounds daft but we are looking after my Sisters rabbit at the moment. And everytime my Son touches him he ends up with itchy eyes. But not with our own bunnys x

Am i right in thinks mites are behind some peoples bunny allergies? That might explain it?

Yes! I have three girls, all sisters and am allergic to one far more than the others. I had them a year before it started aswell! Where her fur touched my bare skin would bring me out in a rash, and I rubbed some fur into my eye by accident and it reacted aswell. I may get a tiny bit of a reaction from the others, and sometimes the hay until I found one I don't react to. but Cookies fur gave me asthma reactions! It feels like a different texture to her sisters, so maybe that has something to do with it. Like my friends cat gave me an asthmatic reaction, but my mums cat doesn't, she just makes my nose run!

I weaned myself off daily anti histamines to try and let my body deal with the reactions and they have got much milder recently thankfully and I am careful to not get her fur on my clothes.

Yes - I found Alfred who had longer fur made me sneeze a lot more, whereas Paddington hasn't caused me to sneeze yet...

Back