• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People who bake their own bunny treats

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Inspired by a thread I saw on here I've made my bunnies some ( well a lot) of treats from half a banana:oops:, half a grated carrot:oops:, fenugreek seeds & a hefty pile of fibafirst & excel "dust". I

I was just wondering how low the oven should go & how long-ish (obviously it will depend on their size) will they take to cook?
And then how long will they last in an airtight container?

Hi, like you I was inspired too so at the weekend I whipped up a batch, I ended up cooking ours for 30 mins until they we're Hardish!

Hoping yours look better than mine!!! Harvey took one look & turned his nose up at them, don't blame him.. Lol! but honey loves them! :)

Aww thank you. Mine certainly don't look any better than yours. I thought you had wood litter pellets in yours til I looked closer & realised they were oats :lol:I'm hoping to use them as coming in from the garden bribes so they better like em

Haha, thanks!! :)

Well I used, mushed up pellets., grated carrot, bits of alfalfa hay, little bit of Ella's kitchen apple and oats! I did attempt off little rolled balls, but epic fail!!

Aww that's fab, I'm sure they'll love them. Good luck xx

I've baked some, albeit once. Need to make more though! I used mashed pellets, banana and dead nettle last time. Went down like a house on fire. :)

This reminds me- I should try making Amy treats, as I can no longer find her favourites in P@H.

I make mine with porridge oats, organic fruit flavoured baby food (ellas kitchen usually) and some excel dust and I put them at about 120 degrees then I leave them in the oven to harden and cool and they last 3-4 weeks in a tub.

Back