• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frozen water bottles......

pollypocket

Warren Scout
I've got 2, wrapped in tea towels, placed them nice and carefully so they didn't keep rolling and positioned so the tea towel didn't unroll....
Pixie isn't interested, Holly has unrolled them and is pushing them round!

It's supposed to be humid with thunderstorms today, it's definitely humid and we've had 1 storm. Holly could regret playing with them later if the humidity increases. I'll have to re make them.

Awww bless them .....and you were so careful too!!

I put a frozen brick and a water bottle in with my two this morning and so far the weather hasn't even reached 'slightly warm' here...... poor things will be dithering! x

Awww bless them .....and you were so careful too!!

I put a frozen brick and a water bottle in with my two this morning and so far the weather hasn't even reached 'slightly warm' here...... poor things will be dithering! x

It's really humid at the moment, but the breeze has picked up, I expect to see the black clouds come rolling in in a minute.

I'll swap some of your cool weather for some of our humidity.

As long as the sun isn't shining right in they will be all right. If the sun shines in on them you could place a sheet of wood in front which keeps them cooler.

Mine don't bother with them they stay well away when I put them in :roll:

I have a blanket over 1 end of the run which if it's very hot and sunny I can soak with water and sometimes leave the hose on a trickle so it stays damp in very hot days just in one corner so it doesn't drip inside the run

But my boys do like to lie in full sun too so have a choice

Back