• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please not stasis again :(

Holhol

Alpha Buck
I haven't seen Fergie do any poos since about lunch time. I've checked his litter tray area, he hasn't pooed on my bed either :(

He's still eating hay and anything I put in front of him but he just won't give me some poos. Could really do without it for the 5th time...

Going to give him half an hour, give the vet a ring and see if I can give him some metacam and cisapride if he's still not done any

Please not again Ferg, thought we were on top of this :(

Has he been drinking today ? Being a bit low on fluids can cause GI tract slow down, especially in warmer weather as we have had today. Sending vibes for him

I haven't seen Fergie do any poos since about lunch time. I've checked his litter tray area, he hasn't pooed on my bed either :(

He's still eating hay and anything I put in front of him but he just won't give me some poos. Could really do without it for the 5th time...

Going to give him half an hour, give the vet a ring and see if I can give him some metacam and cisapride if he's still not done any

Please not again Ferg, thought we were on top of this :(

I'm sending mega vibes that Fergie is OK.

If he's still eating hay, would he really need the Metacam? I remember CPayne having a routine giving her bun zantac, metaclop and Infacol on a daily basis (if I've remembered correctly). Perhaps something to run by the vet?

It's at the end of this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ess-688-6-months-on-)/page79&highlight=cpayne

Let me know how he goes and much luck xx

Has he been drinking today ? Being a bit low on fluids can cause GI tract slow down, especially in warmer weather as we have had today. Sending vibes for him

His water bowls have gone down a bit so I think he has, but it has been a lot warmer today and he really doesn't like the heat. I've had the curtains pulled across to keep it shady and the window open but it's still quite warm

He's just done 4 poos that are quite a bit bigger than his normal ones that had a fair bit of hair in, I'm wondering if he's a bit dehydrated and moulty today and that's slowing him down

Going to keep an eye on him tonight, he's got free range til probably 12 tonight so hoping keeping him moving and eating/drinking will get things back to normal

I'm sending mega vibes that Fergie is OK.

If he's still eating hay, would he really need the Metacam? I remember CPayne having a routine giving her bun zantac, metaclop and Infacol on a daily basis (if I've remembered correctly). Perhaps something to run by the vet?

It's at the end of this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ess-688-6-months-on-)/page79&highlight=cpayne

Let me know how he goes and much luck xx

He's just done 4 bigger than normal poos with some hair in so wondering if he's a bit bunged up and dehydrated today

He probably doesn't need the metacam, he's munchig hay no problem which is good, I just need some normal poos. I think his teeth are OK though and he's fine in himself

I've just had a look at that thread, if we end up visiting the vet today/tomorrow I'll definitely mention it... Hoping he's going to start doing some better poos before I go to bed xx

He's done about 8 nearly normal poos (little bit smaller than usual but nothing I would call a concern) and has eaten some veg so I'm hoping it's just a bit of a slow down. He's not belly pressing either which he would usually do but he definitely would normally have done a lotttt more poos than he has tonight.

I've given him piles of fresh hay, 2 bowls of fresh water and a bit of extra veg to make sure he gets a bit more water in tonight. I'll stick the fan on him when he's shut in as we to keep him cool.

If he hasn't done much overnight or his poos are abnormal then I'll nip him to the vets, I'd rather be safe than sorry I think with him.

Right now though he is sat in the hay tray munching on the biggest stalkiest pieces of hay he can find so I'm taking that as a good sign! Xx

Oh goodness I hope it was just a wee slow down and glad to hear he's starting to poop now - he was doing so well!
haha well nothing liek a good extra stalky hay to munch on

Oh goodness I hope it was just a wee slow down and glad to hear he's starting to poop now - he was doing so well!
haha well nothing liek a good extra stalky hay to munch on

Right now he can eat whatever he wants (wardrobe included!) if he keeps eating and pooing! I do not want another 11pm trip to the very nice vets who have definitely have enough of both of us! Fingers crossed were normal by morning x

consider the toes crossed too! haha poor wardrobe being fed to the lion(head)s haha.

Seriously though, glad its settling and I hope he stays regular

Back