• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got the rabbits vaccinated earlier and now Charlie isn't eating

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
He did eat once we were home. Milly is fine. He doesn't look in pain but he's sat quietly.

He ate about 11/12ish. They always sulk after going to the vets so I haven't thought anything of him looking quiet but he's just ignored the food I put in.

Not sure how long to leave him to see if he gets out of it if he is just sulking.
I have zantac and metacam in but I don't know if it's okay to give when he's just had jabs.

:(

I'm sure I just saw him eat, I guess he is just sulking with me and being miserable if I go near him :roll:

He's currently chewing one of his toys too.

Yep, one of mine had an extra day at the vets last week because he refused to eat in front of me, so I thought he still wasn't eating :roll:

When I picked them up after work the vet said " I've never seen two bunnies eat so much" and my personal favourite "I think he's been having you on" :lol:

Sadly she still charged me, but worth it for the peace of mind - little buggar :lol:

He's fine now, just hates me :roll: I waited a while to start this thread too in case he was just being a git... He was still just being a git!

If you're still worried and you've got those on hand, you can call your vet describe the issue and they will probably confirm whether it's safe and what dose to give over the phone - particularly as he was seen earlier that day.

Sometimes vaccs can make them feel a bit off but it doesn't usually last long :)

He's fine now, just hates me :roll: I waited a while to start this thread too in case he was just being a git... He was still just being a git!

Aaawww ... It's a well known side effect that the vaccination can give them a transient fever so he was maybe feeling off-colour. Bless x

Aaawww ... It's a well known side effect that the vaccination can give them a transient fever so he was maybe feeling off-colour. Bless x

Think it was just me, he looked up when he saw my mam and ate the food she put down once I wasn't near him! He's fine now.

Glad he is ok now :thumb: he was obviously peed off with you taking him to the vets :lol:

Back