• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Health Advice

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Just to say that recently I have received PMs from people wanting my opinion about various advice they have read/received on here regarding the management of Rabbit Illnesses, including the use of certain medications, both conventional and 'alternative'.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I do not have any Veterinary Qualifications at all. I can only give an opinion based on my personal experiences as an 'ordinary' Rabbit Care Giver and on what information my good friend and Vet has told me. I am certainly not qualified to give dosing advice re any conventional/alternative treatments.

So whilst I am more than happy to chat with people via PM about any concerns they have about their Rabbit, I cannot give 'Professionally Qualified' advice. I do not want to offend anyone or to appear to be unhelpful :cry: But it really is better to find a Vet that you can build a trusting working relationship with. If you feel you want to include Alternative Treatments for your Rabbits then some Vets are very open to this. But being 'open' goes both ways and if you are seeking any treatment for your Rabbit from other sources then it is only fair to disclose this to your Vet.

Apologies to anyone who's PM I have not responded to, I hope this post will suffice :oops:

Back