• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Citronella

Fellie

Warren Veteran
One of the nurses at my vets advised me to use Citronella to keep pesky flies away from the buns.
Do any of you use it?
Is it effective?
How do you use it?

Thank you[emoji2]

One of the nurses at my vets advised me to use Citronella to keep pesky flies away from the buns.
Do any of you use it?
Is it effective?
How do you use it?

Thank you[emoji2]

I seem to be having issues with flies too :censored: I can't abide them and hate them in my house. I don't know why they are coming in as litters are changed daily, horrible things! I would be interested to know about this too :)

I use it on a rag, stuffed out of reach up on the joist of the rabbit shed. As far as I was aware it's toxic to rabbits so I keep it away from them, but it's good at keeping flies away :thumb:

I have just bought citronella diffusers for the house because we had so many fruit/root flies! They smell divine and even the one in the kitchen I can smell upstairs! I haven't had it long enough to really know if it works yet (I don't know if it's that or the 'raid' I sprayed the other day…..but we shall see!

I use it and I think it does work as I don't have a problem with flies in my bunny accommodation, just the odd one or two now and again in warm weather.

I do the same as Zoobec and put it on a cloth. I hang the cloth up on the mesh of the door, out of reach of the bunnies. I top it up with a few more drops every other day to keep the smell nice and strong.

You need to get the citronella essential oil, not the citronella oil that is for garden lamps etc. I got my citronella off EBay as I couldn't find it in any shops locally.

Back