• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please may I have some vibes for Scrappy. U/D doing much better

Hi all :wave:

Scrappy is going in for her spay tomorrow and I know I'm going to be worrying myself silly so would really appreciate some vibes for her.

She's about 4 years old, unfortunately her previous owner never had her done. I'm not entirely sure why, I can only assume they thought it wasn't necessary as she's always been a single house bun. My main reason for wanting her spayed is for health reasons, ie to prevent her getting tumours in the future. However, I do have a niggling worry at the back of my mind that, given her age, tumours may already have had a chance to develop. :( Even though I know I shouldn't dwell on "what-ifs".

In time honoured RU tradition, I will be spending most of tomorrow cleaning to try and keep myself occupied. I'll also make temporary restrictions on her space to stop her jumping onto anything (she has 24/7 free range of the whole flat at the moment).

She does have a corner litter tray but I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to temporarily replace that with just a pile of care fresh and hay? She does have a piece of vet bed as well.

I've stocked up on her favourite foods (fresh and dried) and hay to tempt her to eat afterwards and the vet will be giving me some critical care tomorrow as a back up.

Any other tips and recommendations on post-spay care would be very much appreciated :thumb:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi I'm sure she will be fine, but I know you will still worry, we all do. I cleaned the house top to bottom when Treacle was being done. Ask the vet to ring you once she's awake (bun not the vet :D) then you can relax a bit. I kept Treacle on newspaper and hay, in an indoor enclosure, with her fleece, for a couple of days. It's amazing how quickly they recover. Sending vibes for Scrappy, let us know when she's home safe xxxx

hello wishing Scrappy a safe op tomorrow. my little boy is in tomorrow also. hope we both have a happy outcome and they come home eating and pooing.

Thanks so much for the vibes everyone - it's very much appreciated :) xx

She's a big fan of cuddly toys so I've been busy making her a soft penguin. That should keep me occupied for the rest of the evening and most of tomorrow. I'm dropping her off at 8.30 and they should be doing the procedure in the early afternoon so I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long to hear from the vets.

Thanks again everyone and I'll let you know as soon as I have some news xx

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay on news. The vets rang about 5 mins ago and she seems to have gotten through it ok. She's in recovery at the moment and they're just waiting for her to start eating (I took in three large Tupperware boxes of food so I'm hoping there will be something in there to tempt her!). All being well I should be able to pick her up at 6 this evening.

Been a bit of a tense afternoon. I was expecting to hear something around 2 but it turns out they had to do her spay a bit later than expected. She also had her teeth burred and tear duct flushed as well so she was under the anaesthetic a bit longer than usual. Good news also that they couldn't see any signs of tumours which has put my mind at rest a lot.

I don't why, but I burst into tears after I got off the phone from the vets. I think it must have been the build up of tension.

Thanks so much again everyone for your vibes and well wishes. :wave:

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay on news. The vets rang about 5 mins ago and she seems to have gotten through it ok. She's in recovery at the moment and they're just waiting for her to start eating (I took in three large Tupperware boxes of food so I'm hoping there will be something in there to tempt her!). All being well I should be able to pick her up at 6 this evening.

Been a bit of a tense afternoon. I was expecting to hear something around 2 but it turns out they had to do her spay a bit later than expected. She also had her teeth burred and tear duct flushed as well so she was under the anaesthetic a bit longer than usual. Good news also that they couldn't see any signs of tumours which has put my mind at rest a lot.

I don't why, but I burst into tears after I got off the phone from the vets. I think it must have been the build up of tension.

Thanks so much again everyone for your vibes and well wishes. :wave:

Really glad to hear it went well :) Fingers crossed she starts eating soon. Keep us updated!

I was a teary mess when Winston had his neuter, I think tears are perfectly normal for bunny parents!!

Back