• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have this heatpad?

Yeah that's what I was wanting to find out, like if it's safe for rabbits. It does say that it's suitable for them which is why I was wondering. My rabbits have always been quite nervous when being transported anywhere and tend to just snuggle up and hide under their blankets, the vetbed in their carrier is probably the only piece I own that hasn't been chewed. They won't even eat treats while they are in their carrier so I feel like it would probably be ok

I have snugglesafes but I don't have a microwave, I don't have anywhere to keep one and don't particularly want one, so have to go and borrow my mums each time I want to use it, which is fine if one of them requires it because they are getting over surgery or something, but a bit of a hassle just for a vet trip. Plus they have to actually choose to sit on it, I find it difficult to keep them on the heatpads in their carrier. I do find snugglesafes good for use at home though and will continue to use them during illness etc, was just looking for something really for the car. I used to live about a minutes drive from my vet so it wasn't a huge deal, but now it's probably a 15 minute drive in good traffic, plus a couple of minutes walk to get them from my house to my car

Hi. I use a Snugglesafe for poorly bunnies. I heat it in the microwave on 80% power setting for 6 minutes. It's brilliant and lasts about 12 hours. It has it's own fleecy cover. I slide it under a fleece either in a hutch or inside a fleecy igloo. Bunnies love it. It feels a bit hard and looks like a gel filled frisby. With the cover on it is quite safe and it was ideal when I had a very elderly, poorly bunny. He loved it. Not sure about a plug-in one. I think I'd be a bit concerned about that.

Last edited:
Back