• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New play base ;)

lenslady

Alpha Buck
Ok so a few things haven't gone to plan today.
1. Metal playpen and crate hasn't arrived
2. XXL fabric playpen is to big for bedroom

My 2 Rabbits accidentally met the other day, both are young but both are un neutered and of opposite Gender. I am trying to organise enough room for the Rabbits whilst sharing free range and playpen time. Obviously I plan to bond a trio in a few months time (When spayed and neutered) but up until then I have 2 singular Rabbits which will extend to 3 in 2 weeks time. I initially purchased the Fabric pen to go into my bedroom and to House Bo-Jangles (Youngest and not home yet)but it is simply way to big and is set to a certain shape also Burberry's stuff hasn't arrived yet. Burberry now has the Fabric pen which I hope he doesn't chew through! :shock:

All a bit of a mess today and my house is upside down so please excuse the mess! We barely have any room left! and Gypsy appears a little left out lol

Do you think this is ok? Shall I put him back into the cage at night or see how it goes in this?

Do you spot a cheeky brown Rabbit :lol:

Gypsy being a little Naughty trying to get in :roll:

Also it does happy a Zippy net for the top if needs be.

Ok so a few things haven't gone to plan today.
1. Metal playpen and crate hasn't arrived
2. XXL fabric playpen is to big for bedroom

My 2 Rabbits accidentally met the other day, both are young but both are un neutered and of opposite Gender. I am trying to organise enough room for the Rabbits whilst sharing free range and playpen time. Obviously I plan to bond a trio in a few months time (When spayed and neutered) but up until then I have 2 singular Rabbits which will extend to 3 in 2 weeks time. I initially purchased the Fabric pen to go into my bedroom and to House Bo-Jangles (Youngest and not home yet)but it is simply way to big and is set to a certain shape also Burberry's stuff hasn't arrived yet. Burberry now has the Fabric pen which I hope he doesn't chew through! :shock:

All a bit of a mess today and my house is upside down so please excuse the mess! We barely have any room left! and Gypsy appears a little left out lol

Do you think this is ok? Shall I put him back into the cage at night or see how it goes in this?

Do you spot a cheeky brown Rabbit :lol:

Gypsy being a little Naughty trying to get in :roll:

Also it does happy a Zippy net for the top if needs be.

Looks great! But has Gypsy not tried to eat those wires!? They wouldn't last a second with Bellatrix! Burberry is just so cute and makes me want a conti rather than another frenchie to bond with Bella!

Haha they seem very happy with gypsy being a sneak alright! Still time for the playpen/crate :) positive mental attitude! Lol

I know its not much of an input but i think id jusy play it by ear and see how he gets on

Looks great! But has Gypsy not tried to eat those wires!? They wouldn't last a second with Bellatrix! Burberry is just so cute and makes me want a conti rather than another frenchie to bond with Bella!

No the wires are my hoover and extension wire so are put away after use. I've packed the extension wire away now but still hoovering lol (Seems i've been at it all day) and Gypsy runs a mile when its on. I'v had to put her in her pen now though as she's getting under my feet why I'm trying to put stuff away, she seems happy though and has gone into bunny flop mode. xxx

Oh bless!!

Looks like you might need the zip-up top!!

What a pair of little and a soon-to-be-big cuties!!! :love:

Oh bless!!

Looks like you might need the zip-up top!!

What a pair of little and a soon-to-be-big cuties!!! :love:

Yeah i think so too. I think they will be ok whilst i am in the vicinity of them but defo netted up at night. I did try putting the cage in there as a base but its the wrong shape so i lose space rather than making space. I hope and prey my intentions of a trio work out in time and they all get on as i may get my space back lol xx

Haha they seem very happy with gypsy being a sneak alright! Still time for the playpen/crate :) positive mental attitude! Lol

I know its not much of an input but i think id just play it by ear and see how he gets on

Thanks, I think so too. It might not work but it might and its the best i have until the other stuff comes. xxx

Bellatrix he is my 2nd conti, I had a female many years ago now and they are my favourite of the Rabbit breeds. Having him was a bit of a "Dumped on me" kind of thing but I love him dearly :love:. I think Frenchies are a lot more laid back going by Gypsy but then in saying that it is all still very new for Burberry and he gets a little nervous at times. I think if you have the room and can afford their food intake then I would say go for it ;) xx

Bellatrix he is my 2nd conti, I had a female many years ago now and they are my favourite of the Rabbit breeds. Having him was a bit of a "Dumped on me" kind of thing but I love him dearly :love:. I think Frenchies are a lot more laid back going by Gypsy but then in saying that it is all still very new for Burberry and he gets a little nervous at times. I think if you have the room and can afford their food intake then I would say go for it ;) xx

Bellatrix is very mischievous and not very laid back yet but I've heard french lops are meant to be laid back, hopefully she will calm down with age!!

Bellatrix is very mischievous and not very laid back yet but I've heard french lops are meant to be laid back, hopefully she will calm down with age!!

When we first had gypsy she was ever so quiet and I initially thought it was just nerves and the settling in period but no she is as laid back as anything. I jump for joy when she starts binkying around the house as I do worry about her weight, she is that laid back lol. She is active when she wants to be and she can move fast when it is on her terms but she just takes life in her stride. She might act differently when she reaches her hormonal stage but we will see. Burberry is quite the active one most of the time and he loves to run about and binky constantly. So yeah, very 2 different personalities. I shall have to let you know what Bo-Jangles is like when we get him home. xx

Well, guess what? He got out, twice lol. Jumped on his carrier and over he came. Gypsy is still snoozing so he didn't get to her. I've had to net him in for a bit and see how he likes that :lol: and my house is looking a little tidier now :roll:

and he is using his litter tray!! :D There a re few poo balls but only a few

Last edited:
haha in one photo he looks sorry for himself, then I see in the others it's like "oh well...lunch".

He seems to like it with the net on lol but he might get bored of that in a minute. He has only been using his litter tray! I am over the moon about that :love:

I think i am going to put him in his cage at night as i have visions of a chewable explosion and a missing Rabbit to contend with, well until i find a better solution anyway. xx

I have one of those they are fab, when my sisters buns had an accidental meeting which resulted in 7 babies when they were out of the nest we would put them in it with mom and I would sit in it and let them just crawl over me and play it was great :oops:

However playing with the human soon got boring and they discovered that they could push noses under the bottom and escape :shock: all 7 in different directions it was brilliant fun for them not us trying to,round them up :censored:

Well I decided to keep him in his pen over night but i didn't go to bed until about 3 am this morning however I got up quite late :roll: But he did great, no chewing and full litter trays :D. mind you he missed out on his pellet top up as I slept in so he was exceptionally happy to see me this morning :love: Will continue to see how it goes though. xx

What pen is he in at night can you attach the pen to the play pen in the day when you are in so he has both to explore or not ?

He is jolly cute tho and do is Gypsy:love:

What pen is he in at night can you attach the pen to the play pen in the day when you are in so he has both to explore or not ?

He is jolly cute tho and do is Gypsy:love:

Both Rabbits at the moment have there own cage base and a playpen each. Gypsy's pen is attached to her dog crate but the new one is a fabric one so not sure how i can attach to his cage. I initially bought the fabric pen for a baby Rabbit when he comes home in june which was going to go into my bedroom but it is to big. They both get equal share of free range so when one is in their pen I always have the other out, there is always one rabbit on the loose lol. I have got a dog crate and metal playpen coming which is what i was going to put burberry in. I think the metal pen and crate might fit better in my bedroom as i can mould the shape with the metal pens and just rearrange the panels but the fabric one is a fixed shape :roll:. It is all a bit confusing lol xx

I am aiming for them to be free together in a few months time and to share a playpen and crate at night or when not home but they are all young rabbits so i have to get them neutered and spayed first :roll: What a carry on lol :roll:

Back