• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shadowfax needed an emergency dental today.

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
:cry: Fiver and Xena were going to the vets, Fiver for his routine acupuncture and Xena for her "good" eye which has been a bit goopy and sore-looking. I went to collect them and noticed Shadowfax wasn't eating so I brought her along. The vet looked at her teeth and basically said she'd like to have a dental done on her that same day. I wasn't expecting it since she had only had her vacs done and health check (including teeth check) done 2 weeks ago. I'm annoyed because the other practice (who aren't brilliant, I'll admit) told me her teeth were fine and I feel awful that she must have been in some pain for a while. I haven't chatted to the vet because I didn't pick her up until late and the vet had gone home but the nurses told me straight away that she had needed one quite badly so I can only imagine the state of her teeth. :( She is home and in a cage at the moment because obviously she is still quite wobbly and sleepy, however she is alert and wanting to be out of the cage. She hasn't eaten anything yet.

Does anybody know dosages of cisapride by any chance?

The vet checked Xena as well and she said it looks as though she has a little pocket of pus in her mouth. :'( Her teeth are fine and she has been eating perfectly fine as well as acting herself. The vet thinks it's her tooth roots and wanted me to inject her, however, we decided to try some eye drops (I presume in case it's caused by an eye infection) and she has to go back to the vet after the weekend to see if it's made a difference. She had her tear ducts flushed and they are fine (thank god).

All in all I've had a very stressful day and have spent my full week's wages the same day I got paid so have absolutely no money now and will have to transfer some money from my savings account for hay and other bits and pieces. As soon as I get things sorted something like this always seems to happen. My poor babies. :(

Oh no what a surprise - she must have been hiding it brilliantly. Did you manage to find a hay they liked in the end? I can't remember. Hope she starts to come around properly soon x

Oh no what a surprise - she must have been hiding it brilliantly. Did you manage to find a hay they liked in the end? I can't remember. Hope she starts to come around properly soon x

I just caved in and bought the ings. Today Fiver is off his food. I can't believe it. :cry:

Back