• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits dream or should I be worried

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
The children are at my lovely MILs today so I am having a well earned lazy day after a hectic half term. Anyway, the point is we have a sofa in Molly's room and today I parked myself there with some knitting and have spent the day watching Molly.

She has slept A LOT and sometimes when she is sleeping she shakes slightly, eyes flicker and she grinds her teeth. Sometimes it is after she has slept for a while, other times she will only just have nodded off. It does look like dreaming but it also looks a little like small seizures. My daughter had complex partial epilepsy as a young child so I know what seizures look like.

What do you think?

The children are at my lovely MILs today so I am having a well earned lazy day after a hectic half term. Anyway, the point is we have a sofa in Molly's room and today I parked myself there with some knitting and have spent the day watching Molly.

She has slept A LOT and sometimes when she is sleeping she shakes slightly, eyes flicker and she grinds her teeth. Sometimes it is after she has slept for a while, other times she will only just have nodded off. It does look like dreaming but it also looks a little like small seizures. My daughter had complex partial epilepsy as a young child so I know what seizures look like.

What do you think?

I think she is dreaming :love:

I have seen a bunny sleeping, and I have seen a bunny have a seizure (big and small). Twitching during sleep is normal!

I agree, could be sleeping, if mines is in a deeper slumber she can sometimes twitch about but she's perfectly fine :)

My rabbits often have their whiskers a twitching when they are asleep. My boy in particular used to really scare me dreaming, he lolls to one side , eyes go a bit weird & he twitches like crazy. Its not his cutest look & nothing like his DBF. He's always fine the second he wakes up. Usually happens when he comes in after a hard days "gardening". Boo does it too but less extreme. Mouse? not sure but she does snore which I've never experienced in a bunny before.

Bee and boey dream their faces twitch and sometimes they're like sleep running on their side. I like to think their imagining running through parsley fields

Bee and boey dream their faces twitch and sometimes they're like sleep running on their side. I like to think their imagining running through parsley fields

:lol: :lol:

My Apache is a very deep sleeper and does all sorts of dream movements - twitching, chewing, ear waving, and sometimes he waggles one paw as if he's waving at the queen. :)

Yep, bunnies dream :D Sometimes they even dream on you, if you're lucky. Amy likes to twitch her nose, brows and ears in general, and have her head sort of slump to one side sometimes.

Back