• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

13-day old kits

One of my litters....having basket time with me.
14689ebac533afb56b8f63f0a29568d4.jpg
5e5178514553e34f18158b5498e7a037.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are californians...and yea they do have those cute red eyes. Mama Darcy had 11 kits and Mama Honey had 7 so Honey is fostering two of Darcys babes. All doing well. Lost one of Honeys kits early on but it was very small.

The kits were all planned for....our adult rabbits all have their own houses....we plan on selling some and some will go to 4-H projects. We also use them for meat.

The kits were all planned for....our adult rabbits all have their own houses....we plan on selling some and some will go to 4-H projects. We also use them for meat.

For meat? Not sure what this means :shock:. They are adorable and i am sure you will nice homes for them easily enough :) xx

@lenslady. Im sure im not the only person who has raised meat rabbits....but know this about me...I treat my rabbits probably better than others....they are interacted with everyday and they get floor playtime as well....i grew up on a farm so maybe Im more used to raising animals for dual purposes.

The meat I understood but (I feel silly for this) 4-H project? :oops:

They are stunning though, especially as I found out they've the red eyes, I just find that so attractive in whites/albinos

Clarification....my granddaughter takes her rabbits to 4-H as a group project....they are learning about animals.

@lenslady. Im sure im not the only person who has raised meat rabbits....but know this about me...I treat my rabbits probably better than others....they are interacted with everyday and they get floor playtime as well....i grew up on a farm so maybe Im more used to raising animals for dual purposes.

I am new to Rabbit ownership so i am very new to hearing different things about how they are raised. I would never raise a rabbit for meat, i wouldn't have the heart to, but that is just me and my choice and I will try and understand why people do it without being judgemental. I am sure it is a very controversial topic. I'v never even ate a Rabbit in my life. They look very well cared for and I am sure they are well looked after. I never realised people raised Rabbits for meat :shock: (Just looking online now).
Anyway they are gorgeous and I would have one in a heartbeat :love: Hope they find lovely homes :love:

Aww, im not worried what people think....i love my bunnies with all my heart thats the truth. They are an active part of my daily life....so spoiled too

I think they are beautiful and how you choose to raise your Rabbits is totally your choice and I have found online that it is perfectly legal to do so. I have also just found out that there isn't any VAT or Tax on Rabbit food because we are allowed to eat them, I never knew that either. Anyway I would be interested to see how they grow and also be lovely to see pics of your mummy and daddy Rabbits :love:

Back