• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's coming home!

lenslady

Alpha Buck
I have just received confirmation that Bo-Jangles can come home on the 9th of June :D :thumb: He will be 9 weeks old :love:. She has invited us down for another visit before hand so I can meet him and bond with him ect, I shall defo be taking my camera. She is an actress in musical theatre so has a busy schedule but I so hope we can see him tomorrow. She told us when we reserved him that he would be home anytime between 8-12 weeks depending on his weight gain and health and apparently he is thriving beautifully. I can barely contain my excitement as I love him so very much already :love:

Oh that's fantastic and that's not long away at all! :D:D:D:D -happy dance-

It already feels like I have waited a lifetime. She emails me every other day with his progress ect and the odd picture (they are not very good though,blurry and to dark.) but at least she keeps me informed :). I can't wait to show him off after he has settled. Hopefully his run and new toys will be here tomorrow too. Only thing is, she raises her rabbits on Rabbit royale which I know now can cause selective eating. I went and bought a 15k bag for Gypsy and she still has a handful each day with pellets and hay being her main diet. Cant believe this time in 2 weeks time, i will be the proud owner of 3 Rabbits :D, let the show commence lol xx

haha will definitely be a fun time for you! And I definitely will be in queue for demanding pictures.

I'm guessing Rabbit Royale is muesli? Ahh well when he is home you can put him to what you want :)

haha will definitely be a fun time for you! And I definitely will be in queue for demanding pictures.

I'm guessing Rabbit Royale is muesli? Ahh well when he is home you can put him to what you want :)

Yes it is a muesli and probably one of the better ones or so I have been told. She has openly admitted that she can't afford pellets for the amount of Rabbits she has, which she does show and breed I'm afraid so there are unwanted babies in the process. I am not going to go into that now though as that is a whole different argument, I am just happy I have my Bo :love:. I never even knew about pellets until i found this site let alone pellets for baby rabbits (Which they are on). I don't think the RR is a bad food as long as it is associated with further diet beause i think it causes selective eating which creates problems as they get older. There will be a lot of pictures to come i am sure :lol: xxx

Last edited:
awww have you any photos of him from her of how he looks now

I only have the one in my signature pic i am afraid as the others are so dark and blurry you can't really see him. I think she uses her phone. I have seen hime twice now and he has grown rapidly each time. I am hoping to get some of my own pictures on a 3rd visit :D.

Ahh I see :) well that make sense and goodness no, I don't think there's anything wrong in the situation at all - no one's judging :D

oh gosh, it will be exciting though, I'm getting all excited for the pics :lol::lol:

I only have the one in my signature pic i am afraid as the others are so dark and blurry you can't really see him. I think she uses her phone. I have seen hime twice now and he has grown rapidly each time. I am hoping to get some of my own pictures on a 3rd visit :D.

look forward to them :)

Rabbit Royale is a good food, as long as it is all eaten and the rabbits don't selective feed.

Personally I prefer pellets as they give me peace of mind but I wouldn't judge a breeder on their use of RR.

Looking forward to the pictures of the new baby Bo :love:

My six buns have RR sometimes if SS/Excel isn't on offer. I find they get bored of the same food anyway so I do change it regularly. They don't selectively feed as they get so little and are in pairs so they know if they don't nom it quickly their companion will:) Their diet is predominantly hay/forage so I don't stress too much if they have a sack of RR.

It has lovely big dandelion heads in it and smells gorgeous - I don't think it is a bad food and don't beat myself up for feeding it at times.

Your new fur baby looks gorgeous:love:

My six buns have RR sometimes if SS/Excel isn't on offer. I find they get bored of the same food anyway so I do change it regularly. They don't selectively feed as they get so little and are in pairs so they know if they don't nom it quickly their companion will:) Their diet is predominantly hay/forage so I don't stress too much if they have a sack of RR.

It has lovely big dandelion heads in it and smells gorgeous - I don't think it is a bad food and don't beat myself up for feeding it at times.

Your new fur baby looks gorgeous:love:

Definitely, I had read to give Rosie one wee handful for pellets morning and one at night but the vet told me I could take out the last at night - as long as they are eating their hays and grasses and veggies, she said I don't even need to worry about the pellets at all, which intrigued me :D

I might look at picking up some R/R as a wee change on occasiion

Well he isn't coming home on the 9th :cry: Apparently he isn't gaining the weight she is happy with. Never explained why and so I havnt been invited down. I am starting to worry. I paid £50 for him on first viewing as I fell in love with him and the money does not worry me i am just getting a little concerned. she wants to keep him for an extra week or so to see if it improves. Is this normal for a breeder? xxx

I have just emailed her with diet suggestion which i learned on here. I have recommended the SS and Burgess junior pellets which may help. She is probably being a cautious breeder which is good but just a bit worried ;/ I already treat him as one of my own and dont want to lose him xxx

I'm so sorry - I know how excited you were :(. I don't know about a breeder but on the whole that's strange practice not to tell you, have you a receipt/written record of the transaction? I know it's not your concern but also I would be aware of not losing out at the same time.

I would maybe call and ask her why he isn't gaining weight and if you can view him. After all, if there is something wrong then you surely need to know about it? And is it not weight she's happy with or is it that he is actually underweight? =/ very perplexing.

I mean I guess in theory that it is good practice, if he isn't right then she isn't letting him go which makes for good sense and responsibility but I do find not including you in this when you've already bought him and he is yours as much, is a little odd.

I'm so sorry - I know how excited you were :(. I don't know about a breeder but on the whole that's strange practice not to tell you, have you a receipt/written record of the transaction? I know it's not your concern but also I would be aware of not losing out at the same time.

I would maybe call and ask her why he isn't gaining weight and if you can view him. After all, if there is something wrong then you surely need to know about it? And is it not weight she's happy with or is it that he is actually underweight? =/ very perplexing.

I mean I guess in theory that it is good practice, if he isn't right then she isn't letting him go which makes for good sense and responsibility but I do find not including you in this when you've already bought him and he is yours as much, is a little odd.

She has just got back to me and apparently she likes them to leave at a certain weight and she doesnt think Bo-Jangles will match it at this time so she would prefer an extra week, maybe two and she has invited us down on Friday to see him. She hasnt explained why he isnt gaining but it may be a common thing with lots of babies to raise I really dont know. Obviously I want to know if he is poorly but she said he is fine and he just isnt gaining the weight as she would like. It is just a bit of a worry and a bit of a shock as she was all for him coming home on the 9th. xxx

Guess who i am picking up at 1.15pm today? I am so excited :D. He has put on a lot of weight the past week and she feels happy to now let him come home, some of the others have to stay but Bo-Jangles is one of the bigger ones in the litter! So yeah, I am going to get him this afternoon :love: I expect people that are interested would like some pics later which i'l do later this evening :love:. I feel so happy, I loves him so much already :love:

I was wondering about this last night. :lol: I'm glad Bo is finally coming home. :)

I am so happy as early last week she thought he might need an extra week or two before i could bring him home due to slow weight gain. I think she likes them to leave at a certain weight and Bo has managed to achieve his target weight the past few days. I was getting worried because she had said we could go down and see him instead but I hadn't heard from her all weekend. I sent many emails asking how he was and I wasn't getting a reply. I checked emails last night and i got this

"Hi Niki, just to let you know that your baby is 8 weeks tomorrow. This past week they have been piling onthe weight and I feel that they will all be big enough to go at 8 weeks after all. I will be at home tomorrow afternoon and all day Wednesday then back to work Thursday but will be home from 4pm in the evenings. Give me a call and let me know when you'd like to collect him, Kind regards."

I will monitor his weight every 3 days from now and keep an eye on him. He is 8 weeks old today :love:

Back