• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to find a home for a rabbit. Sorted! :D

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I went round my friend's house today.

Left, devastated. Beautiful, GORGEOUS bunny (called Sky). She's about 3-4 years old, she's a looooooooooong bunny. Not spayed, but nosey and interested in life. I found her easy to handle (my friend tells me she is hard to handle though). Beautiful markings- like a grey sable marten.

In a tiny hutch, no food, no hay, just shavings, and poo. A green water bottle.

I sorted her out and gave my friend a reality check, but she doesn't belong to my friend. She belongs to her 19 year old step daughter, who is not doing what she needs to. No one else seems willing, or able, to, so I asked my friend, if I could find her another home, would they let her go? And she said they would, because it was best for the bunny.

They offered her to me about a year ago and I couldn't take her. Now I feel like I've let her down, but I have enough here to be dealing with.

Er, help? Can anyone help with this?

Last edited:
I would talk to some of the folks on here, with their established rescues/sanctuaries they will have good contacts and can maybe match someone local. You can also contact local vets most are willing and able to find good homes (for example if a pet is recently lost and they know that person gave good care or knows they have space).

Can perhaps also pop this up in the Rehoming Thread with the location.

It is ashame to hear this, though even if it's for a daughter/son it's still as much their responsibility so I think they are doing the right thing to say they will happily offer Sky to a home should a good one emerge. I know, you know this, but as well don't feel you've let anyone down, if you don't realistically have the space then you can't really offer her anything different :) you're doing all you can for her thouh that's the main thing.

Would love to, but I'm not sure I really can. I am looking for a female friend for Lopsy but have nowhere to put her until she's spayed (plan is to move both bunnies into neutral bunny house) and I'm really scared of bonding too, though I know I can find help with that.

I may be able to help with transport though!

Best of luck.

I have, I've also tried my other rabbity contacts, but to no avail, as yet.

Thanks guys. It's hard being the person people come to with rabbit dramas when you don't have the backup and connections behind you, that you used to have.

I have, I've also tried my other rabbity contacts, but to no avail, as yet.

Thanks guys. It's hard being the person people come to with rabbit dramas when you don't have the backup and connections behind you, that you used to have.

I might be able to help. I have a friend in Suffolk (Sudbury) so transport might not be a problem.

Need to know more - have some homes waiting for females and it doesn't concern me too much if there are any underlying health issues as I do have some permanent boys (dental) who need companionship.

Can you e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

and we can have a 'chat'

Fantastic news - and how fast! :D

I know Tracy of old so if she's asking for help then I know she needs it and would like to if I can.

Plus, a dear friend (and fellow rabbit owner/welfare campaigner) of mine has just moved from where I live to the same town that the bunny is currently living so I'm hoping that we can sort out a bunny run soon and get her the space and care she needs.

Fingers crossed this works out.

You're just awesome :love: Thank you so much for your help. Am waiting for owner to get back to me- think her and step daughter will be discussing it after they are both home from work. Will let you know when I hear anything. I've done a lot of work on her today :p

Fabulous news, what a relief! If you think she needs to be got out quickly before they change their minds, I'm happy for her to come here on a temporary basis while her journey is being worked out - give me a shout if needed. No idea where I'd put her as everywhere here is full of bunnies, but I'm sure I could work something out if it's best for bunny to be whisked away ASAP. Hopefully her owners will agree to her being rehomed and onwards and upwards for this little one :love:

Fabulous news, what a relief! If you think she needs to be got out quickly before they change their minds, I'm happy for her to come here on a temporary basis while her journey is being worked out - give me a shout if needed. No idea where I'd put her as everywhere here is full of bunnies, but I'm sure I could work something out if it's best for bunny to be whisked away ASAP. Hopefully her owners will agree to her being rehomed and onwards and upwards for this little one :love:

Excellent Alison. Thank you, another excuse for me and a few bunny chums to do a road trip :)

Back