• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

slugs

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
There is we're three slugs in my rabbit shed tonight :(
Had already used copper tape to deter them, is there anything else rabbit safe I can do to stop the horrid things?

don't know. snails are everywhere at my place. perhaps people will come along with suggestions I can borrow to help deal with them.

I had problems last year, I didn't know how to stop them so just kept removing them and put them back in the garden. The big black slugs were the most persistent offenders.

I can't imagine a worse place for a slug to go, a sticky slimey creature in a fluffy environment. Most of the ones I removed had quite a good covering of fluff and looked quite freaky.

I had problems last year, I didn't know how to stop them so just kept removing them and put them back in the garden. The big black slugs were the most persistent offenders.

I can't imagine a worse place for a slug to go, a sticky slimey creature in a fluffy environment. Most of the ones I removed had quite a good covering of fluff and looked quite freaky.

Same here when the bunnies lived in their shed. I don't mind slugs so just popped them back out.

I swear by beer traps which you can easily make yourself. Get an old dish about 4in deep half fill with beer (any brand is fine so cheaper the better for you) and surround the sides with a few stones so the slugs can get in or put into the gound. You'll need to half cover the top with either a brick or anything that wont blow away in the night so it's nice, dark and damp to attract them. Be warned though in the morning you will have a nasty slug mess in there to empty but just re-fill with beer and keep this up for a week you'll catch loads of slugs and snails !!! You may find it handy to line the dish with a bag to make emptying easier. No need to put the beer trap to close to your bunnies as the slugs will smell the beer and come slithering over to it :wave:

I can only think it's from the top as the shed has some little gaps at the top where it joins with next doors as everywhere else has the copper tape round it

Mmm, probably is through the top; they're good climbers. Can you put either the copper tape or some really rough sandpaper strips, maybe?

Back