• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bluebell Hutch Modification......

Milo2015

Warren Scout
Long, long term the rabbits will live in the shed (provided I can empty it and fit it up in time for winter). It a pinch I got the bluebell hutch, it will have a runaround tunnel attached(12 foot) to a run.

However the hutch is a bit pants. I have screwed it together as much as I can and have bought mesh to go over the doors to stop any vicious foxes getting in.

Tonight is their first night outside. I have stood the guinea pigs day hutch in front of their hutch as well as covering it with fleece and tarpaulin. I am very worried.

Generally with the mesh and once the proper cover comes I think they will be ok.

However looking at the inside the gap for the ramp is HUGE and both Milo and Penny have skidded about on it.

Could I box it off with another piece of wood? Has anyone done this?

Any other modifications I could try?

thanks

Personally, I would take it back. I would complain about under the sales of goods act it's not of merchantable quality and not fit for purpose. I reckon it would be easier to get them into the shed than make the hutch acceptable. You could use puppy panels in the shed to stop them getting to any remaining stuff in there.

Back