• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkies and their meaning

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
Do rabbits ever binky for reasons other than happiness? If a bunny does regular binkies and DBF's is it a happy bunny, or could the behaviour be anything else? Im just curious as the neck wound bunny I have that had a pretty naff start to life is always pinging around with glee or I assume its glee. I just want to be sure she's happy and its nothing else.

Binkies mean happy bunnies as far as I'm concerned. I think bunny 500's (is that what they are called) are sometimes practice for escaping predators

Thank goodness, she just seems to do so much! She's an indoor bun at the moment as I didnt want her outside when she needed so much care and was such a high risk of flystrike, but hopefully in a few weeks she can go outside and have even more space to binky.

Agree with Lenslady - she's probably extra happy because you've given her a lovely life and she knows what the alternative is :love:

She's a real little fighter to have survived, even the vet was amazed. Every bunny is so special is different ways, she reminds me a lot of one of my previous bunnies in personality, such an outgoing cheeky girl for a prey animal. I hope she continues to be happy for many many years to come.

Back