• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post op food?

dizzyred

New Kit
I have clover at the vets today for her spay and the nurse mentioned some food they recommend to prevent stasis. I cant remember what she said it was called, think it had fibre in the name lol. Is it recommended/needed? I dont mind buying it if its useful but dont want to be giving her unnecessary things. I did try to google but nothing is coming up x

You don't necessarily need to buy it. Just offer Clover plenty of variety of food such as pellets, veg, fresh herbs and of course hay and ensure she has pain killer. She will be very drowsy but will hopefully eat tonight. Good luck x

some kind of gel or paste I think it was, she said it was carrot flavour lol. Thanks, the Vet says shes doing ok and I can pick her up at quarter to 4 :) x

Glad all is okay and she's getting picked up, maybe just ask the vet again, say the name slipped your mind and where to pick some up? My vet is used to be being pretty barmy though :lol:

Do you mean Fibreplex?

Personally I have not used it - I have always used Critical Care to syringe-feed my rabbit(s).

Yes that's it fibreplex. She had already eaten her pellets when I picked her up so they said she's fine without it. I've made her a little den in the living room but she's already out exploring, I think someone needs to tell her she's supposed to be resting 😂
The nurse really liked her and asked if she was a house rabbit she was that friendly :)

i was going to say the science selective recovery food, or oxbow critical care. we usually get given a pack or two for if needed and i keep some critical care here at home aswell :)

Yes that's it fibreplex. She had already eaten her pellets when I picked her up so they said she's fine without it. I've made her a little den in the living room but she's already out exploring, I think someone needs to tell her she's supposed to be resting 😂
The nurse really liked her and asked if she was a house rabbit she was that friendly :)

Ah how sweet! Did she want to take her home :lol:

You could also offer some freshly picked grass .... Along with hay.

Ah how sweet! Did she want to take her home :lol:

You could also offer some freshly picked grass .... Along with hay.

I think she did want her, she kept saying 'she's so lovely!' :D

my youngest picked her a couple of dandylions and some grass which she's eaten and teen gave her a strawberry which she ate the leaves off :lol: She's now chilling in the living room, the opposite end to where I've put all her stuff obviously :roll:

I found my lovely Mottle liked brambles after his (dental) op. it is meant to be good for their stomachs.

Back