• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's rabbit do this....advice appreciated

Sam56-87

Warren Scout
Minnie has developed this habit of moving her water bowl around her pen in turn spilling water everywhere or when she is feeling extra naughty she will upturn the bowl completely.

I brought her a heavier ceramic bowl hoping that would stop her but she is still able to move it around and I also tried a water bottle but she didn’t like it and wouldn’t drink from it.

Anyone have any suggestions of anything I can try? I’m worried that if she spills the water whilst i'm at work she will have no water at all until I return home.

Thank you x

This looks good and may work temporarily. I am having a boyles pet housing all Perspex pen built so when that arrives I don't think there will be anywhere to attach it

it may be worth contacting Daniel about it, that exact bottle is the one I have with him right now building me a holder for my new pen for. So may be worth checking with him if he thinks there may be a way to help you out there too. and you wouldn't need to send him the bottle as he should be able to use mine for fitting purposes. :)

Our girlie used to before she met her husbun, she had a double bowl so our solution was to put a big stone in one side (meaning she had to get her pellets on the floor).

Doughnut tried that bottle but for some reason didn't like it. She has a heavy bowl now and couldn't lift it but what about trying suction pads?

Minnie has developed this habit of moving her water bowl around her pen in turn spilling water everywhere or when she is feeling extra naughty she will upturn the bowl completely.

I brought her a heavier ceramic bowl hoping that would stop her but she is still able to move it around and I also tried a water bottle but she didn’t like it and wouldn’t drink from it.

Anyone have any suggestions of anything I can try? I’m worried that if she spills the water whilst i'm at work she will have no water at all until I return home.

Thank you x

I don't know whether her pen has bars, but some water bowls attach themselves to the bars, and can't be moved at all. That is, unless you have Hercules rabbit who can move the whole pen :shock:

I don't know whether her pen has bars, but some water bowls attach themselves to the bars, and can't be moved at all.
I imagine a swift kick would still reverberate water everywhere! Lopsy used to kick his coop cup which, while removable so not the same type, was still quite high up and never fell out, just got kicked, possibly accidentally.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have blocked the water bowl so she can get at it to drink from it but not move it. I have also seen Manor pet housing do a bowl that is set in a wooden surround so looking at possibly getting this xx

When we had a conti we had to run to p@h to 'panic buy' the biggest water bowl they sold :lol: the lady at the checkout asked us what dog we had and when we replied it was for a rabbit her face was priceless :lol:

In our defense we had had her 2 days and had already worked through from normal rabbit bowls up to our larges casserole dish and it was still getting chucked around :roll: the bowl designed for Great Danes did the trick though :thumb: :lol:

When we had a conti we had to run to p@h to 'panic buy' the biggest water bowl they sold :lol: the lady at the checkout asked us what dog we had and when we replied it was for a rabbit her face was priceless :lol:

In our defense we had had her 2 days and had already worked through from normal rabbit bowls up to our larges casserole dish and it was still getting chucked around :roll: the bowl designed for Great Danes did the trick though :thumb: :lol:

I would have loved to see the look on her face! :lol:
It amazes me the strength she has!

Back