• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She keeps digging out her entire litter cage?!

Hollip0p

New Kit
Hi all!

As the title suggests, our mini lop doe Pepper is constantly turfing out the entire contents of the litter tray she shares with Mr Bojangles.

We've had her for around 2 months and she was absolutely fine until she got spayed. Whether it's just a coincidence or a result of that, I don't know, but ever since we brought her home she's turned into a little demon! Lol. She literally empties every last bit of litter and then goes mad scratching the bottom of the tray. Not ideal when you are trying to sleep...!

Why would she do this? It's not only a nightmare for us to try and constantly clean up the mess, but I also feel sorry for Mr Bo who is getting covered in the contents every time she decides to empty it! They have free range of a bedroom, plenty of hay and food etc, a few toys... I'm not sure where we are going wrong?

What could we provide for her that would fulfil her digging habits but also be reasonable easy to keep clean?

Thanks in advance.

How frustrating for you. Molly used to do just this so I know what it's like.

The thing that fixed it for us was giving her more space and therefore more room for enrichments/toys etc. Basically she was bored. We were very lucky to be able to give her a room of her own, I know most people can't do this but maybe a small increase would help. What size is her accommodation now?

Back