• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toileting

Babybella

Warren Scout
My new little boy Toby is currently in the bottom part of a double hutch as he and Bella are separated until she recovers from today's spay and then we will look at bonding them. So in the bottom part we have a wooden house acting as a bedroom as there isn't one built in. Toby appears to have taken to using this as his litter tray so I assume that because he's always clean and very good at grooming he isn't sleeping in there. When we cleaned him out on Saturday we moved the house to the other end of the hutch and put a litter tray in the corner where the house was before in the hope he'd start using it (he always had a litter tray anyway so it wasn't something new and he occasionally used it). I've just popped outside to change his litter tray which he's used a bit but noticed lots of poops inside the little wooden house again.

Any ideas on how to get him to stop using it? It's awkward to keep pulling out every couple of days which is what we'll have to do.

He definitely lured us into believing he would use his litter tray as the first day we had him he went straight to the litter tray for his first poops and wee but clearly not anymore :lol:

I think a little house is more appealing than a litter tray foir some bunnies. I think the best thing is to take out the house and just have the litter tray.

I think a little house is more appealing than a litter tray foir some bunnies. I think the best thing is to take out the house and just have the litter tray.

Will he be ok with no where darker to sleep? Saying that as I've said I suspect he doesn't sleep in there anyway

They don't tend to go into anything to sleep - they like to be on semi-alert I think :lol:

That's ok then. I'll take it out later, at least I'll be able to see where he goes to the toilet then. Can always put a tunnel in for him to hide in or climb on, as long as he doesn't take to pooping under it :lol:

You could put a piece of wood over one of the doors so he has some privacy.

That's a good idea.

Since removing the little house he is now mainly using the two litter trays he has :D will make it a lot easier to keep clean now and to check where he's going. He loves having the little tunnel to climb over too. Happy Toby and happy me :)

Back