• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Buns have met! (Accidental)

lenslady

Alpha Buck
So as my title suggests the Buns (Gypsy and burberry) have met face to face. I was cleaning out the base areas starting with Burberry's base as he isn't litter trained and it seems to be in a constant mess, he poo's where ever he likes but pee's in the one corner. I went through this when gypsy first arrived so thought I would rearrange his space and try the previous approach I had tried with Gypsy which was instantly successful and has continued to be so. Anyway, out he comes for his free range and I am in the kitchen (through lounge) looking for some spare litter trays. Was only gone for a minute and he was only at the other end of the room. I can't find him!:shock: and even worse, I can't find gypsy!:shock: (Her pen is enclosed but top free). I find them under the coffee table as happy as you like. Burberry seems extremely happy and has very much perked up (He has been a little off since coming home). I sorted out his area and popped him back ASAP, they were together for about 10 minutes. As you can imagine I am very worried. Gypsy is coming up to 14 weeks and bur is 9 weeks on wednesday. I have since done Gypsy's area and she has gone back in but she is periscoping a lot and i think she is looking for him.
This is going to be harder than I thought so I really need Bur neutered as soon as possible. Whats the earliest he can be done? and is it different for a giant?

My intention is to keep them single until neutered but it seems in reality they know each other from smell already. I don't really want to lock gypsy up in the crate when he is out, i do however have a net that came with the playpen but its very thin but it may deter them. At least i know they like each other now which is a bonus, the downside is, waiting for them to come of age to be done. They are very naughty Rabbits today :roll:

If they are both un-neutered then obviously the inevitable will happen eventually if they continue to have 'meetings'.................

A Buck can be neutered as soon as his testicles have descended. This occurs at about 12-14 weeks in smaller Rabbits, Giants do tend to mature a bit later. But I would not rely on that as far as thinking that occasional 'meetings' will be safe. Your 2 Rabbits could soon become 8-10 Rabbits !!

So as my title suggests the Buns (Gypsy and burberry) have met face to face. I was cleaning out the base areas starting with Burberry's base as he isn't litter trained and it seems to be in a constant mess, he poo's where ever he likes but pee's in the one corner. I went through this when gypsy first arrived so thought I would rearrange his space and try the previous approach I had tried with Gypsy which was instantly successful and has continued to be so. Anyway, out he comes for his free range and I am in the kitchen (through lounge) looking for some spare litter trays. Was only gone for a minute and he was only at the other end of the room. I can't find him!:shock: and even worse, I can't find gypsy!:shock: (Her pen is enclosed but top free). I find them under the coffee table as happy as you like. Burberry seems extremely happy and has very much perked up (He has been a little off since coming home). I sorted out his area and popped him back ASAP, they were together for about 10 minutes. As you can imagine I am very worried. Gypsy is coming up to 14 weeks and bur is 9 weeks on wednesday. I have since done Gypsy's area and she has gone back in but she is periscoping a lot and i think she is looking for him.
This is going to be harder than I thought so I really need Bur neutered as soon as possible. Whats the earliest he can be done? and is it different for a giant?

My intention is to keep them single until neutered but it seems in reality they know each other from smell already. I don't really want to lock gypsy up in the crate when he is out, i do however have a net that came with the playpen but its very thin but it may deter them. At least i know they like each other now which is a bonus, the downside is, waiting for them to come of age to be done. They are very naughty Rabbits today :roll:

Very naughty indeed :lol:

However, you have to love them!

I know MightMax :roll: Just ordered 2 more playpens lol, there will be hardly any space left ;) xx

It has been known that we surround our bed with 'pen' so the rabbits can have all the run of the upstairs without jumping onto the bed (to have a wee). This makes one feel like one is sleeping in a 'cage' :shock::lol:

The things we do ....

It has been known that we surround our bed with 'pen' so the rabbits can have all the run of the upstairs without jumping onto the bed (to have a wee). This makes one feel like one is sleeping in a 'cage' :shock::lol:

The things we do ....

Oh :lol: I will have to start rearranging the human space and start packing some of our stuff away. Burberry or Bo could possibly live in with me in my room, probably Bo-Jangles as he is only 6 weeks at the moment and still with his mummy (Picking him up in June) so guess it will be him moving upstairs with me. Roll on when they are all neutered and with fingers tightly crossed will eventually get on and become a trio but we will see. xxx

I dont know how high the pen panels are, it doesn't seem to say. But be warned that a.......ahem...... 'overly keen' entire Buck can find amazing powers as far as high jump goes !! So if the panels are no more than about 4ft high you may need to put some sort of 'top' on the pen when you are not about.

I dont know how high the pen panels are, it doesn't seem to say. But be warned that a.......ahem...... 'overly keen' entire Buck can find amazing powers as far as high jump goes !! So if the panels are no more than about 4ft high you may need to put some sort of 'top' on the pen when you are not about.

I don't think they are more than about 3ft high but the fabric one comes with a net and i have a spare net here with me, i could get some mesh? if it is a bit stronger and use the plastic cable clips. The metal enclosure has a door way to get in and out. xx

The metal pen i intend to attach to a crate base. I have bought the fabric one for the baby Rabbit when he comes home in june but he will be living in my bedroom. I realise it is going to be challenging for a few months. I really hope they get on eventually when they are able to live together. xx

I don't think they are more than about 3ft high but the fabric one comes with a net and i have a spare net here with me, i could get some mesh? if it is a bit stronger and use the plastic cable clips. The metal enclosure has a door way to get in and out. xx

I would see how it goes when you get the panels ... you will probably need to climb inside the pens now and again? And don't want to garrotte yourself in the process?

I love the idea of the little one living in your room. My Max lived in my bedroom for quite a while as he was initially on foster (though never left :lol: ) and I already had a house full of buns and a garden full of fosters! He used to sleep on my bed :love:

I would see how it goes when you get the panels ... you will probably need to climb inside the pens now and again? And don't want to garrotte yourself in the process?

I love the idea of the little one living in your room. My Max lived in my bedroom for quite a while as he was initially on foster (though never left :lol: ) and I already had a house full of buns and a garden full of fosters! He used to sleep on my bed :love:

Awe :love: Yes I think if any of them are going to live in my bedroom for while then it should be the littlest one, it is quieter upstairs too and he will be safely behind my bedroom door. I only intended to have 1 rabbit :roll: anyway I have 3 now and i have got to work around it, rehoming the Conti is not an option as he has already been rehomed 2 times (2nd time to me)and he's not even 9 weeks. It may be that they never get on or only 2 may get on but I'l cross that bridge when i get to it.
I am going to see what they are like when they come and see how it goes but i am definitely prepared to secure it if needs be :D

This one has arrived but it is huge :shock: Great quality though and comes with both a water proof bottom layer and a really strong net. It has 2 doorways for easy access but i have no idea how this is going to fit in my room :shock: Would be able to use outside as long as supervised at all times. Over all i am impressed but on the large side :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400538172...49&var=670407586549&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Oh dear! Looks like he'll have to have the run of the whole room after all :lol:

Oh dear! Looks like he'll have to have the run of the whole room after all :lol:

It isn't big in terms of length it is more the diameter size and because it is fixed to a hex shape there is no way of choosing or moulding it's shape compared to the metal panels. The fabric is really thick but Buns will have to be supervised when in it incase they chew it. I think it will make a good bonding space for the buns when the time is right but no, it will not fit in my room. For £27.99 I think it is good value :D I will try and post some pics of it later :love:

It isn't big in terms of length it is more the diameter size and because it is fixed to a hex shape there is no way of choosing or moulding it's shape compared to the metal panels. The fabric is really thick but Buns will have to be supervised when in it incase they chew it. I think it will make a good bonding space for the buns when the time is right but no, it will not fit in my room. For £27.99 I think it is good value :D I will try and post some pics of it later :love:

I saw your link ... It looks like a huge playpen for buns! Bit like my entire house then :lol:

Back