• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buzzards

We have loads around here, I love seeing them.

Wouldn't imagine there is a deterrent, tbh.

My Grandparents saw a few around their house in Dorset, I remember there wasn't much they could do. Amazing birds though. :)

I'd maybe try hanging up lots of reflective items like old CDs, even a mirror ball and see if that helped.

Washing lines or similar: they can't land or, worse for them, can't take off again so won't land. Make them obvious by using something big like thick rope or hanging stuff off it so they can see them and don't hurt themselves :)

And if your bunnies are out and about - be out with them! Make sure all runs have really tough and strong roofs on them - either solid or mesh/wood. Do see the odd Buzzard and Red Kite around me - but they're usually being chased by crows and gulls so no time to consider bunnies, also have a washing line going through the middle of my tiny garden anyway.

Back