• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tea

ravenmoore36

Warren Scout
my babies enjoy a cuppa! vet told us would do no harm when we raised this with him. there favourite is earl grey............twinnings only! fussy anybody else have cuppa lovers?
b543b53999e1f7ac57be092f29b1a16e.jpg

rm

that's cute, never tried sharing my cuppa with my baby, but interesting to know it doesn't do them any harm, very cool

oooOoo I shall get back to you and let you know. I know some people mentioned offering herbal tea every so often but I didn't even imagine earl grey

Hector stole a used tea-bag when he was a baby - Earl Grey. It made him nuclear-powered!! The expression in this house is, "he's on the tea-bags" meaning "bunny 500's" or mad 5 minutes!! :lol:

So, tea is strictly for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rice milk is an alternative we usually use
vet wanted them to get a little bit milk to get some calcium in them

rice milk is an alternative we usually use
vet wanted them to get a little bit milk to get some calcium in them

I would be concerned about your vet, I have never heard of a vet recommending any dairy produce as a source of calcium :shock: there are lots of foods that you could give that are calcium rich.

I have seen other people giving herbal tea such as mint, but never ordinary tea.

I'd also be questioning the vet. Like zoobec said, rabbits aren't meant to consume dairy and there are plenty of calcium rich foods that they can have; alfalfa hay, for example, is rich in calcium and high in fibre.

I've never given mine any tea, but I've heard of others giving mint tea which is fine as it's just dried mint.

Some of the herbs eg parsley and mint are pretty high in calcium, and alfalfa hay as BattleKat mentioned. Although I'd be interested to hear why they need more of it - do they have a calcium deficiency? In my experience it's more common for rabbits to have an excess of it - as far as I understand, they don't excrete it and it can settle in the bladder, causing problems.

Interesting to see that they enjoy tea though. I think rabbits enjoy pretty much anything they can devour. :lol:

Back