• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston's neutering tomorrow…take 2!

ImoT

Mama Doe
I don't know if anyone will remember but I posted about Winston's neutering about a month ago, but it didn't go ahead because he wasn't quite 'developed' enough (one of his testicles hadn't descended). They wanted to give him until a year old, which is around about tomorrow (I don't know his exact age) and if it hasn't descended they will go through his abdomen. I am really hoping they don't have to do that, and it's just a simple procedure for him! I've packed him an overnight bag as they like to keep bunnies in overnight…I think i've gone a bit OTT as he has enough stuff for a week!

Positive vibes tomorrow and any advice is much appreciated :)

Thank you everyone. I have dropped Winston off but I'm not very happy. I saw a locum vet. He was very blunt with me and he said he had never seen/operated on a rabbit with a retained testicle (a testicle still inside that hasn't descended, I don't know what the proper name for this would be). I am concerned he doesn't know what he's doing. I wanted to just bring Winston back out of the vets and go to a different one, but I didn't have the confidence to do so. The vet said it isn't very common in rabbits so maybe he was just being honest with me and I should appreciate his honesty? The vet practice is RWAF recommended but I just don't have much faith in this particular vet. I don't know what to do :(

Thank you everyone. I have dropped Winston off but I'm not very happy. I saw a locum vet. He was very blunt with me and he said he had never seen/operated on a rabbit with a retained testicle (a testicle still inside that hasn't descended, I don't know what the proper name for this would be). I am concerned he doesn't know what he's doing. I wanted to just bring Winston back out of the vets and go to a different one, but I didn't have the confidence to do so. The vet said it isn't very common in rabbits so maybe he was just being honest with me and I should appreciate his honesty? The vet practice is RWAF recommended but I just don't have much faith in this particular vet. I don't know what to do :(

Are you able to postpone until your usual vet is there if you aren't happy?

Are you able to postpone until your usual vet is there if you aren't happy?

I have some good news….I messaged Hugo's There because we use the same vets practice. She said that the locum won't be operating on Winston and I contacted the vets to double check and thank goodness she is right! I am feeling a lot happier now.

On an even happier note….I got to meet Otis! (Hugo's There's rabbit!) He was in the waiting room when I left the vets.

I have some good news….I messaged Hugo's There because we use the same vets practice. She said that the locum won't be operating on Winston and I contacted the vets to double check and thank goodness she is right! I am feeling a lot happier now.

On an even happier note….I got to meet Otis! (Hugo's There's rabbit!) He was in the waiting room when I left the vets.

Glad that you feel happier now. Sending good luck vibes your way for Winston. How lovely you met Otis too, he is gorgeous, not long commented on a post about him :)

The problem is all the rabbit vets have left. Juliet went back to Australia. Lara and Laura have just had babies and robin has gone travelling for three months! All were excellent with bunnies.

Andrew is there for three months until robin returns ( counting the days) jenny is covering maternity leave. A new vet is starting soon. She is straight from vet school. Then hopefully Lara and Laura will be back part time.

So its a bit if a nightmare at the moment!

Back