• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

recomendations for a decent hay rack?

moi

Mama Doe
Im currently using ikea bag holders which do the job. But I would say 30% of hay gets eaten, the rest pulled out and pee'd on. Its not cheap hay so dont really want it lying on the floor of there litter trays x

Mine currently have one of those little willow ones from P@H and apparently, it's the best thing ever. I don't normally bother with a hay rack though.

I like manor pet housing's items, I really like their hay stack! But their other stuff looks good! I don't have any of their stuff (yet!) but I know it's quality stuff and people highly recommend it and when I saw them at the National Pet Show their stuff looked so great! Actually I do have one of their things, the forage roller, which Arthur like a lot!

http://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/hay-bars-feeders

We have a few different ones (and now I've seen the little cart, I'm buying one of those too!):

Bella has an ikea bag holder and one of those hanging balls with a bell on it.

Bertie has (believe it or not) a rack intended for holding your shampoo and stuff in the shower and he **loves** it. It's securely fastened, so he'll occasionally hop up and sit on it. We'll get something different when he's bigger.

Cookie has hay directly in her tray (doesn't pee on it) and Poppet has hay in a willow basket (I buy a new one every month, as she chews it down) and also a very cute wooden hay rack from Pets at Home (it's got "Minnie mouse ears"). Poppet likes to rip hay out an spread it around, only she won't eat it after o_O I gave her an Ikea bag holder, laying on the floor, but she worked out to turn it upside down and shake hay out... Hetty the Hoover to the rescue!

Bella has one of them half crescent flower basket things and she loves it! But if it gets low then she'll take it off the wall and throw it till I hear the racket and refill so you might have to pack it full of your buns are temperamental like Bella :lol:
Binky just has fresh hay put into a pile - in her litter tray, in her bed, in a pile and a few tubes stuffed with it then she gets a treat hay stuffed into one of those dangly clip on metal balls which are intended for vegetables but hay works just as well

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Flo has a manger type one from P@H, she mostly ignores is and the hay :lol:
It was quite cheap, sturdy (she sits on it occasionally) and wood so she can chew on it to her hearts content.

Fergie has the one with bunny ears from p@h (I like it more than he does) but he can't work out how to use it... Think having to put effort in to eat hay i.e. pulling hay through slats is too much work - hay just isn't worth it! :lol:

I've given up on him using them so he has an indoor cage in his bedroom which is is big hay area and then just a seedling tray on the bed filled with hay :)

Back