• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vet Feltham/Staines?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
As per title I'm looking for a rabbit savvy vet near Feltham or Staines - I have just been nipped by one of the buns whilst trying to cut her claws and it finally showed my parents their hormonal behaviour! :lol: (Binky is 'ours/family' I just do all the rabbit care in general and buy all the toys and everything lol)
Thanks in advance!x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

As per title I'm looking for a rabbit savvy vet near Feltham or Staines - I have just been nipped by one of the buns whilst trying to cut her claws and it finally showed my parents their hormonal behaviour! :lol: (Binky is 'ours/family' I just do all the rabbit care in general and buy all the toys and everything lol)
Thanks in advance!x

Twickenham's not far from either Feltham or Staines

http://www.twickenhamvets.com/homepage.aspx

Thankyou - my nan recommended this vets to me actually but she's only ever taken cats there!
Is there a certain vet who is rabbit savvy I should ask for? It's a spay and I'm wanting to make sure she has the best care possible regardless of price really

Christabel is part time ATM and Laura is on Maternity leave. But Wendy and Liz are both there Full Time and I'd be happy for either of them to spay a Rabbit of mine.

Christabel is part time ATM and Laura is on Maternity leave. But Wendy and Liz are both there Full Time and I'd be happy for either of them to spay a Rabbit of mine.

Brilliant Thankyou! Is this the vet you personally use? Because It's a sensible distance from me and previously I've been to vets who aren't rabbit savvy and I always wonder what if One day they need surgery or urgent medical care etc a non savvy vet wouldn't know about!

Brilliant Thankyou! Is this the vet you personally use? Because It's a sensible distance from me and previously I've been to vets who aren't rabbit savvy and I always wonder what if One day they need surgery or urgent medical care etc a non savvy vet wouldn't know about!

Yes, it is the Vet Surgery I use :D

I have used this vet and would recommend Liz there :wave: Christobel isn't operating at the moment, as I've seen her in the past and she is also very good.

I have used this vet and would recommend Liz there :wave: Christobel isn't operating at the moment, as I've seen her in the past and she is also very good.

Ahh brilliant Thankyou! Will definitely give them a ring next week

All the staff are rabbit savvy. I doubt you could do better, I am a lot closer to many other vets but trust Twickenham 100%. Jane was the one that recommended them to me.

All the staff are rabbit savvy. I doubt you could do better, I am a lot closer to many other vets but trust Twickenham 100%. Jane was the one that recommended them to me.

Exactly.They have also all been reading this Forum with interest lately ;)

Christobel was operating last week and will be continuing to do so. She is just only doing consults 2 days a week atm given that she is still meant to be on Maternity leave after having my second honary Niece :love: I am so lucky to have two gorgeous HNs :love: :D

Good luck with the spay aaammmyyy, your Bunny will be taken very good care of x

Ahh brilliant! My other vets said they were "all trained in rabbits" but clearly they weren't :roll: glad I've finally found a practise close to home that are actually all rabbit savvy :lol:
Exactly.They have also all been reading this Forum with interest lately ;)

Christobel was operating last week and will be continuing to do so. She is just only doing consults 2 days a week atm given that she is still meant to be on Maternity leave after having my second honary Niece :love: I am so lucky to have two gorgeous HNs :love: :D

Good luck with the spay aaammmyyy, your Bunny will be taken very good care of x

Aww sounds like you're close with the staff Jane! I'm sure they will take excellent care of her and now I can be confident that if on the off chance anything goes wrong, it's not because of the vets surgery I chose it would be unpreventable- but let's try and not think like that :lol: x

Ahh brilliant! My other vets said they were "all trained in rabbits" but clearly they weren't :roll: glad I've finally found a practise close to home that are actually all rabbit savvy :lol:

Aww sounds like you're close with the staff Jane! I'm sure they will take excellent care of her and now I can be confident that if on the off chance anything goes wrong, it's not because of the vets surgery I chose it would be unpreventable- but let's try and not think like that :lol: x

C is a wonderful friend to me. She is one in a million. Laura will be returning to the Surgery after her Maternity leave, she is absolutely lovely and very interested in all things Rabbit related. She has literally saved the lives of a few of my Rabbits. C has even resuscitated one of my very elderly (9+) Rabbits when he stopped breathing under GA. Wendy is a fantastic surgeon and she too is lovely. I would rather she operated on me than for any 'human medic' to do so !

All the Vets are very approachable and open to discussion about treatment options. They will all admit any limitations in their knowledge should this be an issue. They will never go blindly on if they are not 100% confident in their expertise in any given case. None will be offended if a second opinion is requested, in fact they are usually the first to offer this option.

The Practice is run by a Team of compassionate people who put Animal Welfare as a priority. As a Profession Vets sometimes get accused of being more interested in profit than anything else. Nothing could be further from the truth as far as Team Twickenham Vets goes.

And no, I am not on commission, I simply value the consistent care given to my Rabbits and in particular the care shown to me by my dear friend C.

Blimey, I think I may have morphed into Gwyneth Paltrow........................ :shock:

C is a wonderful friend to me. She is one in a million. Laura will be returning to the Surgery after her Maternity leave, she is absolutely lovely and very interested in all things Rabbit related. She has literally saved the lives of a few of my Rabbits. C has even resuscitated one of my very elderly (9+) Rabbits when he stopped breathing under GA. Wendy is a fantastic surgeon and she too is lovely. I would rather she operated on me than for any 'human medic' to do so !

All the Vets are very approachable and open to discussion about treatment options. They will all admit any limitations in their knowledge should this be an issue. They will never go blindly on if they are not 100% confident in their expertise in any given case. None will be offended if a second opinion is requested, in fact they are usually the first to offer this option.

The Practice is run by a Team of compassionate people who put Animal Welfare as a priority. As a Profession Vets sometimes get accused of being more interested in profit than anything else. Nothing could be further from the truth as far as Team Twickenham Vets goes.

And no, I am not on commission, I simply value the consistent care given to my Rabbits and in particular the care shown to me by my dear friend C.

Blimey, I think I may have morphed into Gwyneth Paltrow........................ :shock:

Ahh this is brilliant! Can't believe I've been looking so long and it's just on my door step :lol:

I've read your threads over the past two years about your buns&their veterinary care and literally just from that I'm confident I trust them with both my girls, especially if they have a rabbit savvy out of hours vet which I should imagine would be one of them as we all know things occur so quick in rabbits and you don't want the wrong advice because the one rabbit savvy vet at your closest practise isn't on shift to OOH that night!

Hope they don't mind my anxiousness, especially if I'm dropping them off for surgery but they sound really friendly and approachable so I should imagine they won't!

Ahh this is brilliant! Can't believe I've been looking so long and it's just on my door step :lol:

I've read your threads over the past two years about your buns&their veterinary care and literally just from that I'm confident I trust them with both my girls, especially if they have a rabbit savvy out of hours vet which I should imagine would be one of them as we all know things occur so quick in rabbits and you don't want the wrong advice because the one rabbit savvy vet at your closest practise isn't on shift to OOH that night!

Hope they don't mind my anxiousness, especially if I'm dropping them off for surgery but they sound really friendly and approachable so I should imagine they won't!

They are a lovely vet practice :love: Be aware I have been told by the staff though that Christobel isn't operating at the moment, and may not be for the foreseeable. However, there are other trustworthy's there! It's not a 24 hour service, but I think that is far outweighed by their expertise and helpfulness.

They do not do their own OOH as with just 2 full time and one part time Vet they could not safely provide a 24 hour a day 7 day a week service. But C would not allocate the OOH service to a Practice who were unreliable. As C pops over here I am fortunate not to have to call on the OOH services, but as I said, the Service Provider will have been vetted (no pun intended!!) by C :)

They do not do their own OOH as with just 2 full time and one part time Vet they could not safely provide a 24 hour a day 7 day a week service. But C would not allocate the OOH service to a Practice who were unreliable. As C pops over here I am fortunate not to have to call on the OOH services, but as I said, the Service Provider will have been vetted (no pun intended!!) by C :)

Ahh I see! Thankyou Jane :wave:

They are a lovely vet practice :love: Be aware I have been told by the staff though that Christobel isn't operating at the moment, and may not be for the foreseeable. However, there are other trustworthy's there! It's not a 24 hour service, but I think that is far outweighed by their expertise and helpfulness.

Thankyou MightyMax! By the sound of it I'll probably trust any of them to do it!

I am pretty certain I have had Wendy, Laura and C operate on all my bunnies, including about 10 dentals and a spay. I am so used to the dentals I don't worry, I know the bunnies are in safe hands.

We maybe moving, if we ever sell and even if we moved further away I would always use Twickenham, although ideally we would like to move closer into Twickenham. I am not giving up my vets.:love:

Another RU member who lives in Southall usesTwickenham on recommendation from here. I don't just recommend Twickenham to those with bunnies I recommended a good friend to go there with her dogs too and she loved it.:D

Back