• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dandy lion update

moosea

Young Bun
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?439733-Hi

So as rabbit week approached I took some time to look up a more rabbit aware surgery near to me and thought I'd take the free rabbit health check just to make sure everything was going well.....

Dandylions teeth are 'perfect', weight was just under 2.5kg and he is ....... a girl!! confirmed by two vet nurses and a vet!!!!

Another little update.

Dandylion is now a big part of our family.
She has grown into a very beautiful ( I'm biased :p ) , sleek and slightly chubby rabbit - she is on a diet now!
She spends her days snoozing in bed while I am at work and then the evenings are playtime with grooming and chasing her teddy bear!

She also has a job now . She is 'top digger' - she has to move her sand from one end of the sand box to the other ... then when she turns around .. there is more sand to be moved!!!!!

We've been through 3 bouts of stasis together - hopefully this is under control now and changes to her diet seem to have had a good effect.

I'm still learning lots!
I completely underestimated how much time, effort and involvement that a rabbit needs on a daily basis.
To put this into perspective - Dandylion takes up more of my time than my horse!!
I've learnt that she requires constant mental stimulation, as well as lots of access to instinctive things - chewing and digging - to keep her content.
I've learnt about feeding and signs of illness.
I've learnt that rabbits are actually very fun pets, but very time intensive.
She is cuter than I ever thought possible.
All in all I am very glad that she came into my life and I hope that she is happy that she found me.
Around 3 months after I found her the rescue that I initially contacted came back to me with a place for her - obviously I declined their offer to take her.
She will be with me for the rest of her days and I will strive to make each and every day the best I can for her :)

I'll try to get some pics of her - but she likes to either get very close up or binky away!!!

Last edited:
What a lovely start to my day, reading such a happy story. I'm so glad that you found each other, she sounds a very happy bun. Can't wait for pics ! :D

Happy 1 year ownniversary DandyLion :love:

2015-11-25%2020.03.39.jpg

Back