• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a day, I must be mad :)

lenslady

Alpha Buck
To cut a long story short I have acquired a new addition. I took a phone call from my 22 year old son about 4ish to say that his fiancé had informed him that she didn't want to see him for a while. I have known there has been a few problems for a while, more so after my Grandson was born. I know their relationship has been strained because he resides with me in the week due to his job(He is a stone Mason and on amazing money) and she chose to move 32 miles away last year which has meant my son without fail has been catching the train and staying with her on weekends until he at least passes his driving test which is next week. We don't know where this has come from, I am not sure if she is a little depressed :(. Anyway it is a flat she lives in and has a cat and last week she took on a rabbit. She has been raised with animals and she is brilliant with them. Anyway the Landlord apparently wants her out (I don't know the reasons) and he certainly isn't happy about the pets. So my Son has also asked me if I can take the Rabbit in and find him a home and of course I rushed over to help. Anyway he is a 9 week old Continental (Have no idea why she chose this breed). Anyway I have him back home with me now and I am going to keep him. He is an adorable little thing and has such sad eyes. I don't have the heart to pass him on again and I have no idea what is going on with my grandson, the situation is very awkward. The thing is I have a french Lop coming home in 2 weeks so I will have 3 Rabbits!! I was only meant to have 1!!
My only hope now is to either bond the 2 baby boys or try a trio (After neuters). Now don't get me wrong I don't mind 3 Rabbits but they are 3 giants! Or the possible option of having 2 bonded pairs. Also with 3 Rabbits is it advisable for me to get pet insurance for them? if so which one is best?
Sorry about the long story but what a day i've had. Hope my son is ok, he has gone out for a few drinks with his friend and he seems very upset ;(. x

clearly the universal plan includes your life being full of bunnies! very good luck. I'm sure the compensations will more than make up for the troubles caused!
hope things work out ok, whatever the outcome, for your son and his family.

Awe thanks. I hadn't realised she had took on a Rabbit, she must have seen my pics then got one. Anyway I don't know the full story. He is a bluey colour, I think Opal. She has been allowed to keep the cat but has been given a 2 week notice or something and her mum has offered to home the cat but that is where i expect she will go anyway. He seems very quiet :( It was a horrible car journey home and he was stuck in the carrier for almost 3 hours as the traffic was bumper to bumper. My son offered him water and a stroke. Anyway I have covered him with what he will need through the night and left him in complete peace ... Poor baby xxx

oh how wonderful! 3 lovely bunnies :love: i would personally try for a trio (although i have basically zero bonding experience myself so probably not the person to listen to!) i would definitely recommend insurance as well, I'm with pet plan and they are really good at paying out and also their customer service has always been great.

i hope things work out for your son x

oh how wonderful! 3 lovely bunnies :love: i would personally try for a trio (although i have basically zero bonding experience myself so probably not the person to listen to!) i would definitely recommend insurance as well, I'm with pet plan and they are really good at paying out and also their customer service has always been great.

i hope things work out for your son x

Awe thanks and I have been looking at pet plan. Not sure how to feel, not sure what has happened really but I darnt get too involved as my son will turn on me :roll: I am just going to leave it for a few weeks and see how she is. xx

I'm sure bunny was very lucky to find you and I hope it all goes well, I might also try a trio depending on the buns personalities. I hope your son and his family are ok too.

Sad situation for your son, I hope he's okay
Then again, nothing too nuts about getting another rabbit! Would be great to see a picture of them. In terms of insurance, I'm not too sure but I both have an insurance for Rosie and just have a pot as well where I chuck in a wee amount every month to try and help with other unexpected expenses.

Hi There,
You're definitely meant to have bunnies! Strange how fate takes a hand! Life is full of surprises and you didn't even have to have an excuse as to why you need another bunny! I've used the excuse that I'm just fostering for a while! Works most times!

Again thanks guys :D It was just put on me, so not sure how to go about all this as yet but yes, god love his soul, he is a little stunner :love: Gypsy is the apple of my eye but I was prepared for her in a way. I was getting a little worried about him but he has now eaten some hay and thumped his feet lol, so maybe he is perking up after that horrid journey! Again thanks for the support :love: Definitely going to need it now lol xxx

Well done for taking him in and giving him a forever home. I've got mine covered with petplan, and received a cheque from them just today for Toffees X-ray, very quick and no quibbles ! So sorry about your sons situation, really hope that works out x

Well done for taking him in and giving him a forever home. I've got mine covered with petplan, and received a cheque from them just today for Toffees X-ray, very quick and no quibbles ! So sorry about your sons situation, really hope that works out x

Thank you :D I am going to need insurance now, especially with 3. I just hope it all works out. I have no idea why she chose to take a Rabbit on. Her reasons were that she was lonely during the week which I can understand as being a young mum with a small baby is isolating but these problems with the landlord must have been progressing. Anyway we will care for him. My poor bank balance lol. xxx

And so it begins...... :D I think a lot of us started with one. Seems like rabbits can multiply without breeding :lol:
He sounds lovely x

:love: These are the best photos I could possibly get without upsetting him ;) He's a little big eared beauty :lol:

:lol:, I have had a few beers myself this evening and he has this tiny fragile body but with humungus Ears. Gypsy looks huge in comparison and much fatter :roll: Gypsy is having her free range and not even a glimpse at him lol, its like she has gone blind but I know full well she knows he is there :lol:. He has ventured out of his hidey place now and is just having a good old sniff and eating at the same time ;) :love: xxx

**update**

After rising from my bed this morning around 8ish, I went downstairs to feed the Rabbits and Let Gypsy out. Our new little fellow looks like he has eaten some food, not a lot but not eaten any hay either, he has also had a drink. I had to put his water in a bowl as the bottle was leaking so going to buy a couple today. He seems more alert but still very nervous and he is thumping his feet a lot!

I shall get him a hay rack aswel as I feel I can monitor hay eating better. Not sure what has gone on in the night but Gypsy is thumping her feet aswel! I think they may be communicating with each other some how. Anyway he is alive and well and has started to poop a lot better, last night they were tiny dark poops but today they are bigger and more golden.

Thanks for all the support ;)

Does anyone know what Colour he is? He looks grey and blue in the light and also at times he looks brown.

Back