• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Be careful if you buy anything at Currys

I bought a satnav from Currys and it said in the card that currys advertised it...this satnav has free update maps for life. I bought it but do to circumstances I didn't use it. After 19 months I went to use it but needed to update my maps ...went onto site and couldn't find the free maps so phoned Garmin up....they said I had been miss sold it because they never give free maps for life with this satnav and they never have. It is too late to do anything where Currys are concerned because of time limit. And it is my own fault for going there...my friend had a TV from there and got done and my other friend had a phone from there and got done and then idiot here goes and shops there. Time for a new brain but I won't be buying it from Currys!!!!!!!

I bought a satnav from Currys and it said in the card that currys advertised it...this satnav has free update maps for life. I bought it but do to circumstances I didn't use it. After 19 months I went to use it but needed to update my maps ...went onto site and couldn't find the free maps so phoned Garmin up....they said I had been miss sold it because they never give free maps for life with this satnav and they never have. It is too late to do anything where Currys are concerned because of time limit. And it is my own fault for going there...my friend had a TV from there and got done and my other friend had a phone from there and got done and then idiot here goes and shops there. Time for a new brain but I won't be buying it from Currys!!!!!!!

If you were mis-sold it, and have your receipt, you should still contact Currys and, if necessary, make a fuss.

if you still have the card saying free maps for life then take it back.. i will worry you will get lost without it!! x

thanks for that comment Jill. You know me so well.... I can get lost in my own back yard! I still have my receipt, but it was only on the advert card it said 'free maps' they are denying this and they are not selling this same model so I have no leg to stand on....and no free maps...hope they don't change the roads that much over the next few years or you'll never see me again!!!

Back