PDA

View Full Version : Dirty face

BeatrixPotter
22-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Mollys face is filthy. Its a combination of discharge from her nose and dribbled out meds. This sticky mess is attracting dirt from whatever she has been eating -readigrass stains and dust from her pellets. She seems to have forgotten how to wash. Is there anything i can do to help?

Jack's-Jane
22-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Can you bathe it off using plain warm water ? Then dry it all off well. I have to do this for Bobbie and at the moment for Jo too xx

BeatrixPotter
22-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks Jane. I will give it a try now.

MightyMax
22-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Mollys face is filthy. Its a combination of discharge from her nose and dribbled out meds. This sticky mess is attracting dirt from whatever she has been eating -readigrass stains and dust from her pellets. She seems to have forgotten how to wash. Is there anything i can do to help?

I would use cooled boiled water with a pinch of salt added if it's also around the eye area. It may sound dramatic, but I knew of a rabbit in rescue who had a weepy eye and in an afternoon the flies had laid eggs on his face. It's not that hot yet, but keeping her face clean is important.

Jack's-Jane
22-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks Jane. I will give it a try now.

Hopefully Molls wont mind too much. If she does you can always tell her it's all my fault for suggesting such a dreadful thing !

BeatrixPotter
22-05-2015, 05:00 PM
She looks much better now. All white again. She didnt mind her face being cleaned but under her chin was another matter! Gave her a nice bowl of forage for tea so we are friends again now.

Jack's-Jane
22-05-2015, 05:03 PM
She looks much better now. All white again. She didnt mind her face being cleaned but under her chin was another matter! Gave her a nice bowl of forage for tea so we are friends again now.

Bless !! :love:

MightyMax
22-05-2015, 05:11 PM

:thumb: