• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dirty face

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Mollys face is filthy. Its a combination of discharge from her nose and dribbled out meds. This sticky mess is attracting dirt from whatever she has been eating -readigrass stains and dust from her pellets. She seems to have forgotten how to wash. Is there anything i can do to help?

Can you bathe it off using plain warm water ? Then dry it all off well. I have to do this for Bobbie and at the moment for Jo too xx

Mollys face is filthy. Its a combination of discharge from her nose and dribbled out meds. This sticky mess is attracting dirt from whatever she has been eating -readigrass stains and dust from her pellets. She seems to have forgotten how to wash. Is there anything i can do to help?

I would use cooled boiled water with a pinch of salt added if it's also around the eye area. It may sound dramatic, but I knew of a rabbit in rescue who had a weepy eye and in an afternoon the flies had laid eggs on his face. It's not that hot yet, but keeping her face clean is important.

She looks much better now. All white again. She didnt mind her face being cleaned but under her chin was another matter! Gave her a nice bowl of forage for tea so we are friends again now.

Back