• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clover booked for spay next thurs. A few questions

dizzyred

New Kit
Hiya :)
I have Clover booked in for her spay on thursday and I'm wondering wether I should make her a little space inside for when she comes back from the vets to keep her warm and keep an eye on her or would she be less stressed going back in her hutch? I've only had her a little over a month and she hasnt been in the house yet, she hadnt hopped in while free ranging or seemed that bothered about exploring lol.

Also once she has recovered I'm wanting to get her a husbun and have been reading about the bonding in neutral territory etc. I have been thinking about getting her a new hutch, well upgrading to a playhouse or shed so should I get this set up but not transfer until I find her a man? I've also bought her a snugglesafe tunnel and few other bits, should I keep these for the new place too so she cant claim them as hers? she has a few bits in her run anyway x

Hello,
as you say bonding is more likely to work in neutral territory. If you transfer Clover into the playhouse or shed it's no longer neutral as Clover will think that it's hers.
It's good to hear that she'll be getting a companion, hope all goes well with the bonding :thumb:

Thankyou! I'm so nervous but excited at the same time lol. I will save everything new I've just bought then to save a few pennies :)

Thankyou! I'm so nervous but excited at the same time lol. I will save everything new I've just bought then to save a few pennies :)

Lucky Clover to be having a companion. Good luck with the bonding and, yes, save all the new stuff for the happy couple. Look forward to an update!

Thanks, New stuff is being saved and I'm still shed/playhouse hunting. I missed out on a playhouse that was local, it would have been perfect grrr! Been looking at the housing threads in awe! Those dog kennels with runs too, it could end up really expensive if I'm not careful lol.

Back