• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet remedy calming spray

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone use this and find it works?

One of my girls is very nervous and I'm trying to find ways to maybe help her cope better with stressful situations such as vet trips etc

I have some and it might work but I'm not sure
I tried it when we went to the vets and they seemed better but not sure if I was seeing what I wanted to see or it actually made a difference
I have a trial bottle open that I can post you if you want to try it

I use it - I have the diffuser on all the time - and keep the spray handy for when they get a fright or stressed by something...I think they are alot calmer and happier since we've put the diffuser on.

Does anyone use this and find it works?

One of my girls is very nervous and I'm trying to find ways to maybe help her cope better with stressful situations such as vet trips etc

Not sure what's in Pet Remedy Calming Spray, but I use Rescue Remedy ...

I've used the diffuser, but also use rescue remedy. I just put a couple of drops on the forehead between the ears. Its absorbed via the skin and if licked off.

Thank you so much for that kind offer :love: but it's ok I will order a small one to test, I want to get my sister one also as her dog suffers with anxiety. But thank you again :wave:

I didn't realise that rescue remedy was suitable for rabbits. To be honest I don't even know how it's used for people so not sure why I assumed that when I know nothing about the stuff :oops:

Binky just gets so stressed sometimes I do worry about her

This is an interesting topic. It's something I've only used with humans, but I am just looking into it for guinea pigs, as we are going on holiday in a couple of months, and they get so stressed when they go to my parents' at first.

I just found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bach-Pet-Rescue-Remedy-10/dp/B0030NWZUC

Thanks hun!

I worry so much about us going away. She has been with us for over a year now and is still cautious just when we feed them etc. Her confidence has grown massively but my brother said when we were away in Dec she literally hid from him for the entire week :(

Mightymax - may I ask how you use it with your buns as i may give it a go on ours - is it a few drops in water? Have you noticed a difference?

I put one drop on the back of their neck. I have also used it in a little water and syringed in. I never like to put stuff in water as I can't be sure they are drinking it. I certainly notice if I forget to give it to my little stress ball before she goes anywhere!

I put one drop on the back of their neck. I have also used it in a little water and syringed in. I never like to put stuff in water as I can't be sure they are drinking it. I certainly notice if I forget to give it to my little stress ball before she goes anywhere!

lovely, thank you :) going to try some out x

Interesting, I have the pet remedy diffuser and a small travel sized bottle of spray and I just can't work out if it works! I was going to order some more of the diffuser today when I did an order on pet supermarket but decided against it :rolleyes: I may have to place another order!

I've used pet remedy on Bungee. We won a diffuser and spray in a competition. I used the diffuser after Bo died, and she was going into boarding. I also sprayed some onto her cuddly bunny. She get stressed in the car and I think it helped a little. The diffuser seemed to work well. She had been lunging and it seemed to calm her down.

Did you ever try any of these?

Just thought I'd update with my piggies, as I went on holiday last week and tried the Rescue Remedy Pet both when taking them to my parents' to stay, and on the way back here. I wasn't sure if it had done anything, as Amber took days to settle in at my parents' (although Ruby was fine). But, when they came home, they both settled immediately and acted as though nothing had happened whatsoever. So I definitely think it helps. I'll definitely use it again for vet trips etc.

yes the day we lost sox, that night I couldn't sleep and mabel was pacing back and forth just running from one end of room to other, crying she new :cry:, I used some, and within 15mins and after stroking her, I got back in bed and she calmed down

Just to revisit this thread, my vet was recommending I try the Pet Remedy spray or plug in for my two piggies, since they get so stressy (particularly with these fireworks, which still haven't ended). I think I've concluded that the Bach rescue remedy does nothing for them.

Just to revisit this thread, my vet was recommending I try the Pet Remedy spray or plug in for my two piggies, since they get so stressy (particularly with these fireworks, which still haven't ended). I think I've concluded that the Bach rescue remedy does nothing for them.

I have not tried bach but highly recommend pet remedy

Back