• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues close to Stourbridge, questions for volunteers

Sam56-87

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone :wave:

Hopefully I've posted this in the right section. I have been thinking for some time now about volunteering at a local rescue centre. It doesn't have to be specifically rabbits. I have decided this is something that I definitely want to do as I feel passionate about animals and I hope I could make at least a small difference to a rescue centre.

I live in Stourbridge, West Midlands - does anyone know of any rescue centres close by that you could suggest? I have a car so I can travel although I would like something relatively close by.

I am happy to get my hands dirty cleaning out pens, feeding or anything else that needs to be done.

Also if anyone currently volunteers I would like to ask what is the process when I find somewhere, do I just ring them up? Presumably you need to apply or go and have a chat with someone?

I work full time Monday - Friday so would it be a problem that I'm only available at the weekend?

Many thanks in advance and apologies for rambling!

Sam

I help out at a rabbit rescue every saturday and it is great, sometimes it can be sad when you see the same furry faces week after week but wonderful when they get to go to their new homes.
Have you tried Hillfields? They are in Bromsgrove, not sure how far that is for you. They have all animals but I can't see anthing about volunteers on their website
http://www.hillfields-animal-sanctuary.com

I help out at a rabbit rescue every saturday and it is great, sometimes it can be sad when you see the same furry faces week after week but wonderful when they get to go to their new homes.
Have you tried Hillfields? They are in Bromsgrove, not sure how far that is for you. They have all animals but I can't see anthing about volunteers on their website
http://www.hillfields-animal-sanctuary.com

Thank you Sal this isn't one that I have found on my search so I will have a look on their website. Yes I bet it can be sad too and I would think very tempting to adopt them all!

Back